We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hosting to VPS Migration | Forum

Oxwall User
Oxwall User Sep 19 '14
I'm in the process of migrating my site from a hosting environment to VPS.

I transferred the OW files and directories, backed up and restored the db, and verified the connection.

When I access my new site via the browser, OW pulls from the db and you can see displayed the data from the main page (e.g. feed data for status, video, groups, links, forums, etc.).

The problem is that the data is not displaying properly.  There are no graphics, style or template.

When I run in debug mode, this is what I get...

OW Debug - Warning Message: mkdir(): File exists File: /var/www/pa/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php Line: 327

OW Debug - Warning Message: copy(/var/www/pa/ow_static/themes/origin/theme.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied File: /var/www/pa/ow_utilities/file.php Line: 84

OW Debug - Warning

Message: copy(/var/www/pa/ow_static/themes/origin/base.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied File: /var/www/pa/ow_utilities/file.php Line: 84
Only there are a TON of the last two messages (Line 84) for various files OW is unable to open.

I verified that the following have 777 permissions...

ow_pluginfiles
ow_userfiles
ow_static
ow_smarty/template_c

In browsing page source, I noticed there were references/links in one or two places to my old domain name, as if OW may have been looking for a style sheet there.

I'm thinking it's either a more obvious local file or directory permissions issue, or perhaps there is a legacy link to the old domain, and the old server (which is still up until I finish the migration) may be denying access to the new, remote server.

Any ideas?
ross Team
ross Sep 22 '14
What do you have as a URI in your config.php file?
Oxwall User
Oxwall User Sep 22 '14
Ross, you were spot on. I had the wrong URL in the config.php file.  I've corrected that error, and now the main page displays nicely, except for the fact that the background image no longer displays.

However, I now have the follow two major problems...

1) When I click on any link from the main page, I then get a 404 File Not Found error
2) I get an error when trying to sign in
3) The mobile site is no longer displaying

ross Team
ross Sep 22 '14
- make sure you have default .htaccess file in the root of the software. 

- what error do you get when you sign-in?

mohammad
mohammad Dec 20 '14
how u can solve this ? 

I have this problem too

ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
What is the exact problem? Please elaborate Mohammad, as Oxwall User had two. 
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14