We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I changed the themes and now my site won't load | Forum

bob
bob Nov 20 '11
My site was working fine till I changed the themes in Admin.  When I went to the site it just hung.  I tried to load it fresh and it won't load.
How to get back to before the themes change?
Please help, Thanks, Bob
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 21 '11
rename the new theme folder, ow_themes/ also try enabling dev and debug mode in ow_includes/config.php

Also remember to take backups :)
bob
bob Nov 21 '11
Keelan, I did what you suggested and here is what I get when I try to access the site.

OW Debug - Exception
File:     /home/mysite/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php
Line:     314
Trace:    

#0 /home/mysite/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(292): BOL_ThemeService->processTheme(8)
#1 /home/mysite/ow_core/theme_manager.php(69): BOL_ThemeService->processAllThemes()
#2 /home/mysite/ow_core/theme_manager.php(93): OW_ThemeManager->__construct()
#3 /home/mysite/ow_core/ow.php(195): OW_ThemeManager::getInstance()
#4 /home/mysite/ow_system_plugins/base/init.php(25): OW::getThemeManager()
#5 /home/mysite/ow_core/plugin_manager.php(103): include('/home/xxxxxxxx/...')
#6 /home/mysite/ow_core/application.php(141): OW_PluginManager->initPlugins()
#7 /home/mysite/index.php(43): OW_Application->init()
#8 {main}

Type:     LogicException

If I understood your post.  I went to directory /ow_themes/ and remaned  the graphite folder.
Graphite themes is bundled with the core package... I wouldn't think anything is wrong with it BUT would you suggest to reinstall that folder?
I added plugins Birthdays and data_exporter and links.  Could it be one of those plugins?
bob
bob Nov 21 '11
The install package came with two themes, Club and Graphite.  I changed from the club theme to the graphite theme and my site froze.  Is there a way to manually change all the pointers so that Oxwall will load the club theme?  I think that would get me going again.
I need to get my site back on line. 
thanks for any help, Bob
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 22 '11
Bob, so did you rename the 'graphite' folder name? If yes, revert all changes, there is no need in renaming the folder.
If you want to switch the theme to check if this will work for you, got to your phpMyAdmin > ow_base_config table and change the theme in selectedTheme row. And keep us updated.
bob
bob Nov 22 '11
Le Mulder, I see that changing the folder name didn't work.  I am up an running as of last night.  I may have had a cash problem.  I pointed my browser at my website and let it run for 1 1/2 hours. It didn,t time out so I figured it really wasn't doing anything.  I tried another browser, Chrome, and that came back with "page could not be loaded" error.  Then I tries IE and that loaded up the login page.  From there I was able to get into my site.  Now all my browsers are loading up the site just fine.
Your information is good to know.... Thank you, Bob
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 22 '11
The issue you described is really strange. Please keep me informed if you face any issues with your site.
tracy
tracy Jan 17 '13
this same thing has just happened to me after updating from 1.50 to 1.51, i tried changing it in phpmyadmin and it still shows the same fault....it is still looking for theme dir for genteel.
tracy
tracy Jan 17 '13
i changed the name of genteel folder, and used a different browser....i changed the theme to origin in the phpmyadmin
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 17 '13
you cant change the name of the theme with out changing the key in the theme.xml. plus i think that is the default theme and you cant change the name of that. 
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 17 '13
message me if you need more help. oh and if you change the key so you can change the name make sure to change dev mode to true the change back to false after.
tracy
tracy Jan 17 '13
i went on ahead and reinstalled, i meant that i changed the selected theme name in the phpmyadmin from genteel to origin....but it didn't see that...luckily it's a very new site and the only people i had on there were friends, but i'm starting back over....
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 17 '13
Kk well if you ever need some help, message me and I will do my best to help you.
tracy
tracy Jan 17 '13
thanks, the site is back up and running like brand new, i even was able to save my database and reinstall it...after i reinstalled, i went in and deleted all the themes in the ow themes and the ow static and only left the origin, then reinstalled all my plugins, updated them, and imported my sql file back into the database and everything is jim dandy....now it's back to like it never messed up at all and i have the updated platform.
The Forum post is edited by tracy Jan 17 '13
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 17 '13
glad to here, good job..