We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Messages plugin - sending duplicate messages[to be fixed] | Forum

Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14
After last update i have problem with duplicate messages in two case:

1. when I open my website on several browser tabs

2. between 12pm and 1am hour (local time) - move one day to the next

The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 22 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
What do you mean by duplicate message? The one where it keeps to be displayed until you refresh the browser?
Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14
 in 1. case until refresh the browser (when refresh the browser then messages in chat display correctly)

but in the 2. case is duplicate messages permanently in chat window(even after refresh).

This error occurs not always (each chat message bubble), but many times it happened to me, and more users have reported it to me. 

And important thing I noticed - message does not duplicate 2 times, but many times,  how many tab has opened a second user.

(when my friend have my site open on 4 tabs, and I write him a message, my message in my window appears 5 times (1. when i wrote it plus 4 times (according to the open tabs has second user)))

ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
Can you please provide a screenshot of the permanent duplicate message?
Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14

Time is cca 11pm

ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14

And important thing I noticed - message does not duplicate 2 times, but many times,  how many tab has opened a second user.

(when my friend have my site open on 4 tabs, and I write him a message, my message in my window appears 5 times (1. when i wrote it plus 4 times (according to the open tabs has second user)))

is this related to the chat as well?

ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
Can you please try to reproduce that on our demo website, so we could know the exact steps how to reproduce that in chat? 

Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14
I'm sorry if I misinterpreted, but I have noticed this error only chat conversation (for now)
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
Can you please try to reproduce that on our demo website, so we could know the exact steps how to reproduce that in chat? 
Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14
I will try to.
Jozef
Jozef Oct 20 '14
in oxwall demo same error, but many many duplicate.... 

-

ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
Jozef, thanks for the video, but can you please provide us a video, where you send messages and what is the timing between messages, how you switch between browsers and users I tried to do the same messages order as in your video, however I still can't reproduce that. 
Jozef
Jozef Oct 21 '14
Here is the video,

Note especially cca3 minutes when the problem starts.

Kostia
Kostia Oct 21 '14
the same issue. and also on chat shows dublicate user. I had allready sented images to oxwall team. 
ross Team
ross Oct 22 '14
Alright, thank you very much for the video, we'll pass it to our developers.