We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ALL plugins with issue or not able to use | Forum

Kostia
Kostia Oct 23 '14
hy,

maybe oxwall team could something to do with thiese plugins on the store which are not updated and wont be. (some of developers just dissapear)

Some good plugins are with issue and as i can see will not be updated. Maybe after removing thiese inactive plugins, anothe developers will be interrested to creat simillar and will update them.

Thanks.

ross Team
ross Oct 23 '14
Send your request to moderation team: moderation_team@oxwall.org
Kostia
Kostia Oct 24 '14

Quote from ross Send your request to moderation team: moderation_team@oxwall.org
It is my suggestion :) because maybe i would like to buy more plugins, on desctription it is written 1.7.1..but users on forum wrote that it is with issue..and the biggest problems is that developers is not logged in to this forum for some time.. so not sure if after buying plugin it is with issues, if yes will it be fixed..
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 24 '14
what plugins you talking about
Abbey
Abbey Oct 25 '14
Yeah, developers need to step up and maintain their products, maybe if they're not the latest version compatible they need to go. Update or gtfo.
Kostia
Kostia Oct 28 '14

Quote from ross Send your request to moderation team: moderation_team@oxwall.org
i allready did it, but the biggest problem is that many plugins is not updated to the last ox version. My suggestion will be to change same rules on the store..

example: if developer is not update`ing his plugin for 2-3 months after oxwall platform new releas, that plugin goes to oxwall team and one of your programmer could make updates. Of course we ( customers) will pay some extra money to oxwall team/or to that developer. I think many of customers will accept that it will be better than now ( when customers like Abbey and Tammy) payed money for 1.7.1 plugin ( which i would like to buy also) and it doesn`t work correct for them.  

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Oct 28 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 28 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Is these related to any of my plugins?
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 29 '14
no paru not you plugins
you a good dev and try ur best 

they talking plugin that other dev have made and  sold  that most sort of worked in 1.6 
and  have not been updated and dont work at all in 1.7.1 

the devs have done a runner and no answer to problems for almost 6 months

there needs to be a way for oxwall to make a plugin dead so other devs like your self can make that plugin 

as the problem the store has now devs are being  kind to each other and if theres somthing in store already they wont make it even if they can do it better 

as  the 2 auto online member plugins dev had a huge dummy spit in forums on make similer plugins 

i have even offered to pay dev full pice what ever it costs to make plugins that work and there answer no as theres already one in store even though that plugin just dont work

not only do dev have this attitude so does oxwall as they proved by remove the top  voted feature wanted by everyone in uservoice  that had 400 times more votes then anything else , in fact if you added all the other votes on everything else in uservoice they would not add up to what it got

and they removed it with quote  theirs already one in the store 

but the one in the store has not and never will work
Den Team
Den Oct 30 '14
Just to note: there is already a Store mechanism which suspends old and unsupported items. If an item hasn't been updated for 6 month, then it will be automatically suspended. This was specially implemented to avoid garbage plugins, which actually do not work with the latest versions of Ox. 
Quote from Kostia Some good plugins are with issue and as i can see will not be updated.
Would you post here the list of items you are talking about? 
Maksat Dolotbakov
Maksat Dolotbakov Oct 30 '14
Please someone help

In crash-course (regarding Contact Us plugin), in Localization part, which Section should I choose?

Den Team
Den Oct 30 '14
Maksat,

Your question is offpotic here, please, use this forum to get assistance,

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 30 '14
I do believe we are up to date on all of our work. It is important to remember as well guys that the more work that we have listed the more time and dedication it takes to have them all updated. It should be important to check and see what plugins you need to have on the newest version of oxwall and make an informed decision on if the upgrade should be forced on released date or if you should wait for the features to follow suite. 

Open Source is Open Source. 

Kostia
Kostia Oct 30 '14

Quote from Oxwall Accessories I do believe we are up to date on all of our work. It is important to remember as well guys that the more work that we have listed the more time and dedication it takes to have them all updated. It should be important to check and see what plugins you need to have on the newest version of oxwall and make an informed decision on if the upgrade should be forced on released date or if you should wait for the features to follow suite. 

i was tallking about developers who has 1, 2 plugins.. and hasn`t made any updates;]
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 30 '14
bit silly

its an addon for Twitter Newsfeed style plugin. its a bit silly to release this and not just make it part of Twitter Newsfeed style plugin.*1 Star*

Was it helpful? Yes·No

Tammy

yle p
Tammy, This is the feedback you left for me on a free plugin that updates a feature that has been requested for over a year. It was made as a seperate plugin because some people don't want to use it. It also allows us to better develop the feature to work properly. Is clearly stated that its an update for a paid plugin. But You are in here complaining that the development team and the store developers don't help you or address your issues or even care to give users what they want in general.
Our team took time out of our lives to make this for you guys for free. why? Because you asked for it. We tried to give back. Thats how you acted. I don't really think its any suprise why some of these developers rather not deal with your constent complaining because when they do help you ( as I have) this is the thanks they get from you. just wanted to maybe make you think about that a little. We are a community. that stands true for you guys as much as it does us. 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Oct 30 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 30 '14

Quote from Oxwall Accessories I do believe we are up to date on all of our work. It is important to remember as well guys that the more work that we have listed the more time and dedication it takes to have them all updated. It should be important to check and see what plugins you need to have on the newest version of oxwall and make an informed decision on if the upgrade should be forced on released date or if you should wait for the features to follow suite. 

i completely understand that it take time im pisses at plugin i bought 12 months ago that did not work and have not even answer my problems 
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 30 '14

Quote from Oxwall Accessories bit silly

its an addon for Twitter Newsfeed style plugin. its a bit silly to release this and not just make it part of Twitter Newsfeed style plugin.*1 Star*

Was it helpful? Yes·No

Tammy

yle p
Tammy, This is the feedback you left for me on a free plugin that updates a feature that has been requested for over a year. It was made as a seperate plugin because some people don't want to use it. It also allows us to better develop the feature to work properly. Is clearly stated that its an update for a paid plugin. But You are in here complaining that the development team and the store developers don't help you or address your issues or even care to give users what they want in general.
Our team took time out of our lives to make this for you guys for free. why? Because you asked for it. We tried to give back. Thats how you acted. I don't really think its any suprise why some of these developers rather not deal with your constent complaining because when they do help you ( as I have) this is the thanks they get from you. just wanted to maybe make you think about that a little. We are a community. that stands true for you guys as much as it does us. 

sorry i should of add more details  the plugin is great 
what i meant was it also should be part of 
Twitter Newsfeed style plugin
so people with that plugin don't have to stumble across it in the store
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 30 '14

Quote from Den Just to note: there is already a Store mechanism which suspends old and unsupported items. If an item hasn't been updated for 6 month, then it will be automatically suspended. This was specially implemented to avoid garbage plugins, which actually do not work with the latest versions of Ox. 
Quote from Kostia Some good plugins are with issue and as i can see will not be updated.
Would you post here the list of items you are talking about? 
does it let active dev know they are dead plugin ie a list so they know they can make a plugin like that and not step on anyone's toes

later today il make list the worst plugins 
Abbey
Abbey Oct 31 '14
I don't know if I've said this before but.... the one time I had a plugin that didn't work I went to the dev n asked for a refund... n he gave me one.... maybe others should try that
Soundchum web solution

Quote from Abbey I don't know if I've said this before but.... the one time I had a plugin that didn't work I went to the dev n asked for a refund... n he gave me one.... maybe others should try that
Most of plugins without return policy, because after payment you download plugin and you have it already

but if the plugin has any bugs or problems contact its dev and he must solve it, i do it with my items, if any one report me for bugs i must solve it, and other developers do that
so you should contact the plugin dev for any problem 

Pages: 1 2 »