We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error Message in top of Preference Page[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Don Page
Don Page Oct 25 '14
I'm getting the following error message on the top of my preference page.

"Warning: file_put_contents(/home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_log/error.log) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php on line 61

Warning: chmod() [
function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php:61) in /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 276

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php:61) in /home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 277"

This is probably meaningless, but I noticed there is no"(/home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_log/error.log" as mentioned in the first line, but rather (/home/heretome/public_html/oxwall/ow_logs/" directory, but it doesn't contain an error.log.

I never noticed this problem until I upgraded to v.1.7, it may just be that I never noticed it before, but the misspelled directory name seems kind of like an upgrade issue.

Thanks

Don

The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 28 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 26 '14
do you have the error log folder in root directory and if you do is the permissions for it right
Michael
Michael Oct 26 '14
I get similar errors about not being able to write to error log or error log doesnt exist, even though it is there
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 26 '14
what permissions is it set to 
ross Team
ross Oct 26 '14
You need to rename ow_logs to ow_log and set the permissions to 777
Don Page
Don Page Oct 28 '14
Hi all;

As usual I understood about half of what you said, and as usual you still manged to get things fixed!

Thanks!!

Don

ross Team
ross Oct 28 '14
Great. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved.