We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect - is it working yet?[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Matt
Matt Oct 30 '14
I see someone recently asked about Facebook Connect on a mobile version of their site and it appeared the answer was it worked if you were using the latest version of Oxwall?

So I just tried to re-load it by generating a new App Secret Number on the Facebook App page, then going to my Oxwall Admin page and copying in the App ID and new APP secret. But the authentication failed.

Should it work now?

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 3 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
Please provide screenshot of the error you get. 

Screenshot of the FB settings which you filled out. 

Matt
Matt Oct 30 '14
On the Facebook App page or the Oxwall admin Plugin page Ross?
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
FB app page
Matt
Matt Oct 30 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
Matt, I just tried to login via FB connect on your site I got e500.php error, please enable debug mode. 

Also as to the screenshot, please remove website and IOS sections from the settings, leave just canvas page. 

Make sure you have set the app live. 

Matt
Matt Oct 30 '14
Thanks Ross, just having a quick check while eating breakfast!

The Facebook app requires a Secure Canvas URL when the App is available to all users (there is now a red warning triangle if I try to save the changes in Facebook.

I will check the other issues later...

ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
Ok, keep us updated. 
Matt
Matt Oct 31 '14
here's the debug screenshot (after changing the Facebook app page to leave only the canvas page):-

ross Team
ross Nov 2 '14
Matt you don't have the latest plugin version. Uninstall the one you have, don't forget to remove it from the available plugins section as well and install new one from the store. 
Matt
Matt Nov 3 '14
Hi Ross, just deleting the old FB connect from the files and about to install the new version...
ross Team
ross Nov 3 '14
Ok, keep us updated. 
Matt
Matt Nov 3 '14
Installed and working perfectly. You can close this one Ross. Thanks for your help once again!
ross Team
ross Nov 3 '14
Great. Thanks for letting us know.