We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Plugin not working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Nov 6 '14
In photos when i try to create album and put photos it works fine but when i try to add photos it goes loading till long and nothing happens.. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 6 '14
check ow userfiles permissions 
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 6 '14
Mashoor What is your hosting plan and company ?
ross Team
ross Nov 6 '14
Mashoor, please elaborate which is bold:

try to create album and put photos it works fine

and this: 

i try to add photos it goes loading

The screenshot would be great. Also what software and photo plugin version do you currently have?

Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Nov 7 '14
@Kelvin: my hosting is Godaddy Basic

@Ross: When i click upload photos it goes loading. Check the screenshot 

Attachments:
  photo plugin bug.PNG (199Kb)
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
Mashoor That's why I ask you what is your webhosting company. Because I have an account on Godaddy which it can not work well. It shows 406 issue. Godaddy won't fix your problem. But if you really want to upload photos, you can use my special way. First, you need to create a photo album. Then you need to go into the photo album. Then you can press upload photo. It will work only this way.
Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Nov 8 '14
Yeah this way its working but other with upload photos option its not working at all
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
If you want full functions without any issue, I suggest you move to https://www.arvixe.com/

Arvixe has a very cheap hosting price and works well. They provide free migration for your Godaddy webhosting. That is a great feature. Other webhosting company cost $49~$99 to help you migrate your website.

Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
I am using Arvixe webhosting with only $4 per month. I am happy to choose this company. Also their live chat is very useful and fast to solve your problem.
Mashoor Classified
Ok, so what will be charge for transferring to arvixe? 
The Forum post is edited by Mashoor Classified Nov 8 '14
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
Trust me you will love Arvixe much much more then Godaddy. Hassle free !!
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
It is free !! They can help you move all your content and MySQL database to their server.
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
All you need to do is to point your domain name to their name server.
Mashoor Classified
Another thing i am not getting notifications also if any user likes my content or comment no notifications i wait till 30 minutes.. 
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
By the way, if you want your site has SSL protection, Arvixe provide cheapest price for you. Only $25 per year. If you use Godaddy's SSL, you will be charged $69.99 per year. You can see the huge save.
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
It is some lack function on oxwall default notifications plugin.
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
If you want a working notification plugin, I suggest you buy this plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/961
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 8 '14
This plugin works very well. And you really need it.
Mashoor Classified
I prefer GoDaddy just because of security. Their site security is good 
Mashoor Classified
@ Ross: I am using Oxwall Platform version 1.7.1 (build 8274)

and Photo Plugin Ver: 7650

Pages: 1 2 3 »