We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Open Photo Site Crashes[solved] | Forum

Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Nov 17 '14
When I attempt to open Photo, to upload images. My site crashes, as in the image. It seems to be stuck at loading the image insert part. Yes, I have looked in the forums and cannot find a solution. Also, this occurs with all themes.

Everything else seems to work fine. Only occurs when clicking on the upload Photo button. Using 1.7.1

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 17 '14
Attachments:
  frozen.jpg (30Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Leslie, can you please open the firebug console in the firefox and see if there's some error when you try to open the upload popup. Refer to this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting
Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Nov 17 '14
First off I use Opera. Also I have no idea about parse errors. I just accessed from three other browsers on my wifes machine. Google chrome, Internet on android and IE and same error on all.
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
You need to install Firefox and check the firebug console if there are any errors.

The tutorial I gave you is for the reference only how to use the console.

From the top of my head you either have security module preventing you to upload the photo or some javasript conflict. The console will help us to find out exactly.
Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Nov 17 '14
Ok, here is the readout.
Attachments:
  firebug.jpg (88Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Yes, it is a security module enabled on your server. Contact your hosting provider support to disable it completely or configure properly.
Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Nov 17 '14
Ross Thanks! I'll do that. I'll also try to find out which security item it is so this might assist others.
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Great. Thanks. Keep us updated
Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Nov 17 '14
Ok Ross thanks for your advice! 

The issue is a Apache mod_security rule which is a Web Application Layer Firewall. So anyway, based on various rules it can be triggered by a mod_sec rule and the activity is blocked. https://www.modsecurity.org/A couple of rules were necessary to change and carried out by my hosting site. The security module doesn't need to be turned off (and they dont like to anyway). They simply whitelist the rules to work with your domain.Well, anyway all is working great and if this happens to someone else it was quite an easy fix.Mark it as resolved! I got photos to uploads :o)

ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Great. Thanks for letting us know.
inside83
inside83 Dec 18 '14

Quote from ross Yes, it is a security module enabled on your server. Contact your hosting provider support to disable it completely or configure properly.
@ross

What to write to Godaddy specifically about this?

ross Team
ross Dec 18 '14
Request them to disable mod_security module or configure it properly
inside83
inside83 Dec 18 '14

or if they do not reply (like they usually do not) I should add:

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

to my .htaccess file?

as stated here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12928360/how-can-i-disable-mod-security-in-htaccess-file

The Forum post is edited by inside83 Dec 18 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 18 '14
I can't tell you for sure. You can just test it on your own. In any case, you can just delete the code if it does not work. 
inside83
inside83 Dec 19 '14
I did and site became unavailable.

Still no reply from Godaddy.

Is there any other way?

ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
I'm sorry but we do not provide assistance on server configuration. Wait for the reply from Godaddy. 
inside83
inside83 Dec 19 '14
bummer
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 19 '14
so sad !! I used inside83's code to add in .htaccess then... my site is down too !! Please help !!
inside83
inside83 Dec 19 '14
@kelvin

Just remove the code and the site will be back online

Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 19 '14
I did but still offline...
Pages: 1 2 3 »