We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URGENT - Site Down - FATAL ERROR after Plugin Update - Blogs | Forum

MsBree
MsBree Nov 25 '14
My entire site just went down after attempting to update the plugin.  The error is:

Fatal error: Class 'BOL_ContentService' not found in /home/user/public_html/ow_plugins/blogs/classes/content_provider.php on line 198

My site is (or was):  http://bit.ly/BoxerCouch

Needless to say, I can't even access the admin area of my site either!

HELP PLEASE!!!
KreativMind
KreativMind Nov 25 '14
Likewise, my site did the same thing. I am looking into resolving this asap. For now, I would suggest trying to find an older version of the blog plugin and install that. Should get you back up and running.
MsBree
MsBree Nov 25 '14
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one whose site is down because of this!  Not sure where I can find an older version of this plugin.  If you can help, I'd super appreciate it!

I was thinking of deleting the plugin via ftp...at least the site would be up and running, I think!  :(
MsBree
MsBree Nov 25 '14
Well I got my site back up and running!  What I did was first make copy of the blog plugin and then I deleted it via ftp.  Refreshed my site and got error message with instructions on how to fix (turning debug mode to 'true' in the config.php file). 

I was then able to login.  Received another 500 error when I clicked on 'Blogs'.  So I uploaded the 'blogs' plugin that I had deleted, and now everything seems to be working ok again.  Seems this 'blogs' plugin is the original one as it's dated last month.

Hopefully this issue has been resolved, and I don't plan on updating the Blogs plugin from earlier today until Oxwall Support chimes in here!
Harry
Harry Nov 26 '14
I experienced the same issue, and have reverted back to the previous plugin version.
KreativMind
KreativMind Nov 26 '14
Glad to see you have found a resolution. I noticed content_service.php was missing in my ow_system_plugins/base/bol/ folder and started working as soon as I copied that file into the folder from the initial extracted oxwall_1.7.2 xip file.
Ansu
Ansu Dec 23 '14
Fatal error: Class 'BOL_ContentService' not found in /home/bimaadda/bimaadda.com/ow_plugins/newsfeed/classes/content_provider.php on line 210

how to solve problem?? pls help

You do not have permission to reply this topic