We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google analytics - Goal for sign ups | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lucy
Lucy Nov 27 '14
Hi,
I want to set up a goal for each sign up we get. Google analytics requires the urn of the 'please validate your email' page or 'thank you for sign up' page, but my browser only shows the websites domain name and not the full path on sign up.

Can someone tell me what the full path is?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 28 '14
www.yousite.com/join
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Nov 28 '14
Lucy
Lucy Nov 28 '14
But that is also the page for signing up so from a Goal point of view, the data would be inaccurate.
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 28 '14
the only way i think you could do it is separate your join questions and use the second join page 

so the url would be 

www.mysite.com/join?
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Lucy, unfortunately, there are no such pages. 

You will need to create a plugin in order to create such a page. The plugin will bind to the event which will help you to get the count of the registered users. 

The event can be found here: ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php

$event = new OW_Event(OW_EventManager::ON_USER_REGISTER, array('userId' => $user->id, 'method' => 'native', 'params' => $params));                OW::getEventManager()->trigger($event);

line 317 - 319

Yevhen
Yevhen May 27 '16
You can set activity list for a goal like - join page > dashboard
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
Yevhen do this really works correct?

please can you in detail explain how to set that up in google analytics im totally new to this..

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 27 '16
You can learn about the goals here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 27 '16
okey i think i find what i was looking for now....

ross Team
ross Jun 27 '16
Great