We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.7.2 Join Page Error | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Dec 2 '14
Thank you Ross.. it worked well ;)
MacProcess
MacProcess Dec 2 '14
it works, but the wheel is always turning forever after using the crop button....

Google Chrome on Mac OS X Yosemite.

ross Team
ross Dec 2 '14
Well, as you can see other users posts, seems everything is fine, and we have tested the fix before posting it here. 

Since you're on 1.7.1 we cannot check what the problem is. 

Mac, we cannot reproduce that, please share your URL. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 2 '14
JoJo
JoJo Dec 5 '14
@Ross I just got to this post. I have this problem as well. However, I went to the file that you said to use the "fix" on. And there is no "line 822". In fact, the text that should be replaced is not in that file at all.

As to the "site visible to guest" option, my website is a dating website for a specific category, and my members value their privacy, they and I have no interest to have the website on visible for non-members, because that defeats the purpose of their privacy and that they can be open about their lifestyle choices.
Ilja
Ilja Dec 6 '14
Hi Guys. Ross' fix solved "undefined" problem. But I faced another problem as well. After picture is loaded and I push "Apply crop" button - the JS error is popped:

TypeError: data is null /ow_static/plugins/base/js/jquery.min.js line 4 > eval:180

Harry
Harry Dec 6 '14
Mine works just fine with photos added after the updates were done.  Anything beforehand experiences the errors ( including, sometimes, the one Ilda experiences).  Is this not odd?
Harry
Harry Dec 6 '14
I see in the ow_photo_album table that some albums are marked as '0' in the entityType column ( see attached ) - maybe this has something to do with it?
Attachments:
  ow_photo_album.jpg (117Kb)
Peter
Peter Dec 7 '14
It still doesn't work for me. It isn't possible to upload an avatar. I get this message:

base+upload_avatar_faild

ross Team
ross Dec 8 '14
Jojo, I just registered at your website, there's no any error on join page, your website is set to nonvisible for guests

Harry, Peter, Ilija please PM me your admin and FTP access details, I'll take a look at the issue, as we cannot reproduce that after applying the fix. 

Harry
Harry Dec 11 '14
I'm getting ''the image is not valid' again.  And as I choose an image, the floatbox hovers and sits and decides if it wants to do anything but swirl ( it doesnt ), so I have to close out the window and I get the error...
Harry
Harry Dec 11 '14
I can't imagine why I would ever do another upgrade
ross Team
ross Dec 12 '14
Harry have you applied the fix I provided?
Harry
Harry Dec 12 '14
Yes, Ross.  I have applied it and it initially worked well ( as I noted above ).  Now, I redid the upgrade and experience that the upload was not successful.  Firebug does not throw an error but instead returns a 200 ( see attached for both ).  I've checked file and folder permissions and they match up with what you've mentioned in many posts.  I have just reapplied the 1.72 update before getting this error ( so maybe things are progressing lol)
Attachments:
  unsuccessful-upload.png (1047Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 12 '14
Harry if you redid the update, you need to apply the fix again.
Can you please attach jpeg attachment?
Harry
Harry Dec 12 '14
I applied the fix again indeed.  the floatbox appears momentarily then the error comes up.  Here is one of the jpegs I tried. 
The Forum post is edited by Harry Dec 13 '14
Attachments:
  Koala.jpg (762Kb)
Admin Woolfreaks
Admin Woolfreaks Dec 13 '14
Hi i applied the fix as suggested (it was close to line #822 but not exactly on), rebooted the server but stull get the problem, people cannot signup anymore to our site.
What else can i try? if not i will also revert back to 1.7.1.
Admin Woolfreaks
so where can i download the 1.7.1 update?
Harry
Harry Dec 13 '14
I have no problem at all when the member is signed in. 
Admin Woolfreaks

Quote from Chris_W I don't know the download url, so here it is attached.
thanks Chris !!!
and i also have no issue to update avatar for existing users.....
n3rdcore
n3rdcore Dec 14 '14
There is a bugfix for this problem. But i can't post it, because everytime i open a new thread with my fix, my account will be suspended after i post it. -.-
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »