We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.7.2 Join Page Error | Forum

Admin Woolfreaks
Admin Woolfreaks Dec 14 '14
I fail to go back to 1.7.1.
Method i use:
overwrite all files with files from update pack
next browse to http://my-site/ow_updates
it tells me "update request, your site is uptodate" and it shows links to index page or admin page, but after that my site is dead.
So restore it from backup and it runs again, but how do i downgrade back to 1.7.1?

this really needs a fix, as currently new new users are able to join anymore. :(
The Forum post is edited by Admin Woolfreaks Dec 14 '14
Admin Woolfreaks
Admin Woolfreaks Dec 15 '14
thanks so much Chris !!
I understand i need to downgrade messages plugin as well but i will not lose my messages, right?
Rest of instructions is perfectly clear to me, i will give it a try. Good thing is that if things go wrong restoring my daily backup takes less than 5 minutes... .)

regards,
Admin_woolfreaks
ross Team
ross Dec 15 '14
Harry, please provide us with the file ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php

in the attachement. 

Admin to downgrade your messages plugin, you need to go plugin.xml file in the mailbox plugin folder and change the build to the previous one. 

Then you need to go to the ow_base_plugins table in the phpmyadmin and change the build for the mailbox plugin as well. 

If you have not downgraded to 1.7.1 yet, please pm me your admin and cpanel access details, I'll try to see what the issue is and whether you have correctly applied the fix. 

Harry
Harry Dec 16 '14
I ended up rebuilding everything from scratch, piece by peice and moving data over, etc.  Seems to have fixed this and other issues.
n3rdcore
n3rdcore Dec 17 '14
Okaaay... Now, after i was in contact with oxwall via email, i was able to post my thread: /forum/topic/30306 :)
ross Team
ross Dec 18 '14
Pete, see the solution for your issue here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/30306?page=1#post-128128 Thanks to n3rdcore. 

Harry thanks for letting us know. 

Ilja, I'm still waiting for your access details, keep us updated. 

kyle gore
kyle gore Dec 18 '14
I am having a trouble on my join_index do to the entire registration form. When I remove the code for the registration form the page loads fine. When I have place it back on I get a syntax error stating an issue on line 84.

I did not edited any of the text in regards to the registration form on the join_index on the cpanel previously. 

I have attached an image of both the error message and code from the cpanel for the join_page.

Any ideas on what I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
  join_index code.png (242Kb)
  join_index error message.png (191Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 18 '14
Kyle please provide the screenshots in jpg format
Ilja
Ilja Dec 19 '14
Ross, hello. I've replyed you some time ago in PM. Unfortunately due to privacy policy I cannot share cpanel and FTP passwords. But you you can provide any hint what to check we can do that by ourselves. Currently we have disabled avatar upload on registration page.

The problem seems to be somewhere in HTML or JS, as we get JS error on  "Apply crop" button click. Maybe macabre theme is somehow buggy, if nobody else is reporting the same issue??

ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
I'm sorry in this case we won't be able to help you as we cannot reproduce this error even on macabre theme. We need access to the files and DB
kyle gore
kyle gore Dec 19 '14
Here is a jpeg of the syntax error and the join_index page.

If you have any idea how to edit the code please let me know.
Attachments:
  join_index code.JPG (267Kb)
  Syntax Error.JPG (275Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
Kyle, I'm sorry are you trying to do some modification or what?

Because there's no such code in the default join_index.html file. 

kyle gore
kyle gore Dec 19 '14
No I did not want to do any modification. But if I delete that long line it says there is an error on line 87 and so on and so fourth... Is there any way for me to get the registration form back to normal? Reinstall the 1.7.2 update?
kyle gore
kyle gore Dec 19 '14
Or where could I get a copy of the default join_index code? I could just replace the code on mine with the original code. I would be happy to do that.
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
sure, that would be the easiest way. Just download the package here: http://www.oxwall.org/download and replace the file. Then enable dev mode, refresh the website and disable it again. 
Ilja
Ilja Dec 19 '14
Ross. Understandable. Let's wait for the newer version 1.7.3. If the problem still persist. I'll let you know.
Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Dec 20 '14
I'm adding my name to this issue as well. I was doing fine with my v1.7.1 and I did the auto-update offered in Admin, and after that I was no longer having visitors. A few complaints started to come up that they could not register, because now the Avatar is required, and when you try to add one, it fails, and gives the  now popular error message.

Since this is happening a lot now, I am hoping that the developers will stop the denial and fix it. I am going back to v1.7.1 in hopes that I haven't scared off most of our Association's members, to flee to Facebook. Please guys fix it this issue.

I hate to go to another software, as I've put in months and months of setting up Oxwall for my Navy Ship Association's Crewsbook. Please!

Thanks

PS I mean no disrespect to our brilliant designers and programmers here at Oxwall, but it's appared that there is some issue. I tried using another theme, and not fix until, of course, I did go to "All can View" mode. However, I am not sacraficing privacy in Oxwall for function. Please Please fix it!

Jake

ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
Jake, we did not deny the issue and provided the fix for uploading avatar while registration : http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29249?page=2#post-125338

To make avatar not required see this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29361

Ray Gagné
Ray Gagné Dec 30 '14
Help same problem

ross Team
ross Jan 2 '15
Daniel, the fix is provided in this post. Read carefully.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »