We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

open all links in new tab/window | Forum

The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Dec 25 '14
is there any way I can get all links to open in a new tab or window on the chat page of my oxwall site. domain.com/chat is where users a spend a lot of time and idle if they wanted to check out forums etc while they're on it they sometimes leave chat by mistake.
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 19 '15
The Chauffeur, could you please specify what chat exactly you are talking about?
The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Jan 19 '15
I have a page with lightIRC plugin in it
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 22 '15
So, you need to make all links in the chat to be opened in new tabs? Did you simple embed the chat code onto a custom page or made full integration? In any case, it has nothing to do with Oxwall software then. You cannot effect the third-party functionality embedded to your site.

If I took you wrong - please take a few moments and describe what exactly you are trying to achieve and how can we assist you in this case. The screenshots will be highly appreciated.
Leland Best
Leland Best Jan 25 '15
Would certainly be nice to see all links posted in the newsfeed open in a new tab automatically...people browsing away from your site because a link loads over the page is never a good idea.

Daniel
Daniel Feb 4 '15
yes, I would like to know how to change this too, all links from the newsfeed, and the whole site, should open in new tabs...

Any resolution?

matt
matt Feb 4 '15
Will this plugin suit your needs...?

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/291

Daniel
Daniel Feb 4 '15
Yes, its perfect, I hadnt seen that in the store, thank you very much!!

matt
matt Feb 4 '15
Your welcome.
DeFender
DeFender Feb 8 '15
not working in 172
Daniel
Daniel Feb 9 '15
It does work on 172, however one issue I have with one theme is that I have one button that runs javascript, it opens this in a new tab. other than that, it works fine on my installation of 172