We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Users can't register | Forum

Heidi
Heidi Jan 8 '15
Hi there,
I have a problem, on my own PC the site works well but beta testers can't register, they fill in the form and send, and they just get sent back to the empty form. No error measse, nothing, just go back to empty form.
Same with fb connect, on my PC it works well, on other PCs users get error
message from facebook that the app is not configured correctly.
Can you try it yourselves at www.musicartbook.net ?
Using the latest oxwall version and Biohazard theme from store

Thxs a lot
Heidi
Heidi Jan 8 '15
or maybe it is a browser problem? I am using firefox, others using chrome
maybe
Heidi
Heidi Jan 8 '15
no I can register on chrome
bobbi
bobbi Jan 8 '15
i have registered on your site i used safari on macbook, but facebook connect is not working i get the same error the app is not configured correctly 
ross Team
ross Jan 8 '15
Heide, I just successfully registered at your website, not going back to empty form. 

See screenshots

as to the FB connect, your application is not set up properly, have you made it live in the settings?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 8 '15
Heidi
Heidi Jan 9 '15
Seems there's some bug here that cannot easily be reproduced. Some beta testers could register as well yesterday, some were sent back to the empty form. Thxs Bobbi and Ross for taking your time to test this out!

About facebook connect, I can sign in with facebook alright. Others can't so maybe this is something to do with me having created the app on facebook. Maybe facebook thinks I am the only one who is allowed to use the app? I will ask the developer of the app for help.
ross Team
ross Jan 11 '15
You can do that here, regarding your FB connect plugin, as this is Oxwall native plugin.
Please provide screenshot of your facebook app settings and the screenshot of the setting where you made it live.
Heidi
Heidi Jan 12 '15
Hi Ross, thxs for the hint to make the app live. I forgot that. Maybe you could add the hint to the app page or description? Anyway, it now works as a charm.
About registering, I think this is a theme problem, I could reproduce the errors in Google Chrome, and even more errors occur when using opera. Using a different theme resolves all errors so I am headed over to Biohazard developer. Thxs for your time and help! Highly appreciated
ross Team
ross Jan 12 '15
Good to know FB connect plugin works now. 

As to the registration problem, Oxwall does not support Opera at all. Here's the list of supported browsers: https://docs.oxwall.org/overview:supported_browsers

Heidi I don't think it is a theme problem as I have successfully registered at your website. 

You need to find the exact steps how to reproduce the issue. 

I mean what browser? what browser version? what OS the users use, as many details as possible. 

Heidi
Heidi Jan 12 '15
Ok thxs for the info about opera. I didn't know this.
As for chrome, I use the latest version, I don't know what number but Chrome tells me there are no updates available.
I am on Win XP still, my co worker is on Win 7
we both experienced the same when trying to register. The form was not sent, we were redirected to the empty form, there was no error message.
On my notebook at home, using chrome and Win Vista I didn't have that problem.
ross Team
ross Jan 12 '15
We cannot reproduce that even on Win 7 and Chrome latest version

See screenshots: