We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is there a way to add text to search page? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Heidi
Heidi Jan 16 '15
Hi there,
can someone explain how to add text to mysite.com/users/search?
I want to give a few instructions on what fields have / don't have to be filled etc. Since there are a lot of profile questions users can serch from maybe they will be confused and think they have to fill in
all the fields.
I also wanted to know if search results will be AND results or OR results. Meaning, if someone is looking for a member who is interested in either punk or rock music, he may fill the search form field 'Interest' with: punk, rock
Will search turn out all users who have given EITHER punk OR rock in their profile or will it return results only of users who have entered punk AND rock ?
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '15
Rebecca, the instructions you gave > You can change/add the user search header title text here: (your site)/admin/languages?&search=User%20Search ( under BASE )

is for page title only

Heidi, you need to paste your instructions in user_search.html file

in ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers

However you need to remember that all your customizations will be overwritten while next update of the software, so you need to remember them and apply again, or implement the changes via custom plugin. 

Heidi
Heidi Jan 20 '15
Hi Ross, thxs a lot. I did that and the text shows up alright.

Now I am only wondering if there's a way to insert a text key instead of a static text, so that the key will show up in backend and I can add English and German text to it. Do you know how to do that?
ross Team
ross Jan 20 '15
Yes, sure it is easy to do 

insert this key in user_search.html file instead of your instructions: for example this one: {text key="base+search_instructions"}

Then go here: www.yoursite.com/admin/dev-tools/languages

Now you'll see 'Add new text' button

Click on it. 

Section field should be "base"

Key should be "search_instructions"

Text - "your instructions"

Then click on Add. That's it. 

Heidi
Heidi Jan 22 '15
Great Ross, thanks a heap!
ross Team
ross Jan 22 '15