We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upload videos | Forum

Martin Hudspeth
Martin Hudspeth Jan 23 '15
Hi All,

I'm new to Oxwall so please excuse me if this seems a stupid question but ....

How do i upload videos that people can watch?

Most of the people that will access my website are in China so to embed YouTube or any others is out the question (most are banned or blocked here). I hope to download some training videos and upload them to my server for students to watch.

Any ideas would be useful.

Cheers

Martin

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 23 '15
u could download the youtube vid upload to the site directory somewhere then embed that 
Martin Hudspeth
Martin Hudspeth Jan 25 '15
Hi Rebecca, I have tried the Video Uploader - Redesigned but it just crashes my site. It will upload a video and then stop. I have left it for 8 hours to upload a 1.9mb video, I had to go into the server and kill the processes.

Kieron, I am trying to do this but it keeps telling me "Video resource is not allowed" can you please tell me what format to embed the file? I am trying with MP4 file format. also, how to embed the video file on my server? I have uploaded the file and copied the url but that is not working.

Anyone with any ideas??

Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 26 '15
might need to check with your server if your allowed to host videos first, but mp4 should work. add a folder into the public directory, call it vidz or something like that, then add a rewrite condition in to your .htaccess file allowing access to that folder. then use the youtube iframe (or an iframe of any type really) to embed the video on your site.

eg..

upload a mp4 file into your public directory in to a folder called vidz 

( Fact: adding the video into the folder is better other wise you will need to make an rewrite condition in .htaccess for every video instead of just one folder one time)

then add the rewrite condition in to .htaccess file

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/vidz/

now take youtubes iframe code and add your video url to the iframe like so:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://yourwebsitehere.com/vidz/yourvideohere.mp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

then try embed this into the video plugin the same way you would any other youtube video.

The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Jan 26 '15
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 26 '15
+1 randell i forgot to mention about the .htaccess edit 
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 26 '15
ok we have solved this issue, what i said above plus adding his domain in to Allowed resources list has sorted it out videos can now be uploaded. well by admin at least the whole china thing still is a issue but that's prob due to there censorship not oxwall however that's another thing all together.
Zaid
Zaid Jun 12 '23

To upload videos in any learning management software:

1. Access the desired section or module within your LMS.
  2. Follow the platform-specific instructions to upload the video file.
  3. Provide necessary details or descriptions and save the changes to make the video available for learners.
GlassRepairsinTacoma
Quite decent, stunning, fact-filled knowledge right. Any reports Don't sadden, and also most certainly holds true right additionally. You will frequently can result in a helpful look at. Will you indicate to We're content?: )#) Preserve the fantastic articles or reviews.insightsworld.xyz
macallister
macallister Sep 19 '23
Excellent content, the country's an exceedingly cold web page you've got right, preserve acknowledge that there are succeed, would be lower back. chrome hearts store
macallister
macallister Sep 19 '23
This is often as a result exquisite and even very creative. Freezing take pleasure in that tones and even whomever makes the application with the -mail can be beaming. vlone hoodies
macallister
macallister Sep 20 '23
Superior Place, My organization is a great believer during ad opinions regarding online websites that will let the webpage novelists recognize that they’ve put in an item worthwhile that will the online market place! click the link
GlassRepairsinTacoma
You can be permitted to content artists, however it is not connections, in the event they are simply endorsed and additionally relating to question. techwiz.website
GlassRepairsinTacoma
Attractive blog post, the nation's a truly nice web log that you have got these, compete the best get the job done, can be once again.clickcoupon991
macallister
macallister Sep 27 '23
I just got here onto your blog page whereas keeping solely to some degree submits. Decent strategy for following that, I will be bookmarking without delay grab a accomplish soars. corteiz clothing
macallister
macallister Sep 28 '23
this can be awesome plus meanful. this can be interesting site. Leading is rather handy element. you may have seriously made it simpler for many people who seem to take a look at site and give these folks usefull information and facts. hire dispatcher
GlassRepairsinTacoma
Genuinely I just read through it again yesteryear and yet We numerous head to fix it and today I wanted to study it again ever again considering that it is somewhat well written.chrome hearts hoodie
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
Our technicians pass through a rigorous vetting process. ProTurf Artificial Grass Solution
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
So whether you’re having trouble with your lights, your starter, or anything in between, we can help. Garland On-Site Truck Repair