We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to Take Out The 'Sign Up' Tab Only - 1.7.2v [ANSWERD] | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jan 24 '15
Been looking around but I can't find what I'm looking for. So I'm posting this question.

I would like to take out the "Sign Up" tab but leave the "Sign In tab". I have been trying a lot of different css codes {display:none!important;} using fire bug but I jus can't get it!

.ow_console{display:none!important;} takes it all out but I don't want that, just the "Sign Up" tab only. FYI: in every page.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 24 '15
Wilson
Wilson Jan 24 '15
S Wiliams

Yes sir, that worked! Don't know how I missed that post...tried searching many ways including sign in tab...thanks for he help...sorry for not finding it in the search. I booked marked it!

Wilson
Umair
Umair Feb 21 '15
where is the solution? Did you delete it?
Wilson
Wilson Feb 24 '15
Well it seams that S Wiliams has deleted there profile...by doing that they also deleted there answers too. So here is the answer to my question Umair and others.

Go to ow_system_plugins/base/classes/ and look for console_event_handler.php file.

back that file up!

find this code: $event->addItem($item, 1); and commit it out.

so it should look like this /*$event->addItem($item, 1);*/

Remember that when you mod a file it will be lost when updating the core, so make note of what your doing!

Hope this helps,
Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Feb 26 '15
Umair
Umair Feb 26 '15
thanks wilson. Appreciate it