We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Errror in CRON-Job | Forum

R. H.
R. H. Nov 9 '10
I run the CRON every minute, somatime I get this eMail from the CRON:

OW Debug - Exception

File: ..../public_html/ow_core/theme_manager.php
Line: 220
Trace:
#0 ..../public_html/ow_core/application.php(423): OW_ThemeManager->getMasterPageTemplate('html_document')
#1 ..../public_html/ow_core/application.php(183): OW_Application->newHtmlDocument()
#2 ..../public_html/ow_cron/run.php(43): OW_Application->init()
#3 {main}
Type: InvalidArgumentException

Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 9 '10
Have you ugraded to the latest version ?
i did also get this message, and i created a new file in the template folder.
create a file that you name "html_document" without .html
This worked for me to i upgraded to rc2 of software.
R. H.
R. H. Nov 9 '10
Hallo Bjorn,

I have updatet to rc2.

Thank you!
Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 9 '10
Did you fix your problem with this ?
R. H.
R. H. Nov 9 '10
Hallo!

I don't know, the cron don't give messages.
Pedro
Pedro Jan 1 '11
the correct path is /usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/yourdomain/ow_cron/run.php that will work. with no -q or anything else. also make sure you enter the correct info for the minutes job to run. minutes 0-59 Hours 0-23 day of the months 1-31 Month 1-12 and days of the week 0-7. enjoy the info. try that you will not receive cron mail
Juan
Juan Jan 2 '11
Pedro, I tried that and it didn't work... got message below.

/bin/sh: /user/bin/php/home/user/public_html/mydomain/ow_cron/run.php: No such file or directory
Pedro
Pedro Jan 3 '11
/user/bin/php /home/user/public_html/mydomain/ow_cron/run.php

try like that. do you see the space that I put bewteen php and home

You need to find your php path and you website path them put space in the middle of the two. on the command line or box
The Forum post is edited by Pedro Jan 3 '11
Pedro
Pedro Jan 3 '11
the run.php no need changing what you need to do is run php with the website path to the run.php file. on your website cron job panel. the command php -q only work if you have root access which no service provider will give out to no one. that is why you should call php from the path where is install by just typing the subdirectory and php them the website path on some provider should start like /var, some /home, some / it all depend what version on unix or linux they are running and hosting panel.
Pedro
Pedro Jan 3 '11
in the future I am going to make a demo of my control panel with this script so you can really see for your self how it's maybe 3 or 4 days I will do this
Juan
Juan Jan 3 '11
I tried again Pedro but, no luck.
Got this message: /bin/sh: /user/bin/php: No such file or directory

This is the code I used:
/user/bin/php /home/user/public_html/mydomain/ow_cron/run.php

Could it be because this site is in a subdomain folder?
The Forum post is edited by Juan Jan 3 '11
Pedro
Pedro Jan 3 '11
yes that is a problem. the oxwall should be on root domain not in a subdomain. But should be able to do it a cron job on the sudomain. I mean you should be able to cron a subdomain by calling the subdomain path. do the php path and the subdomain path to the oxwall cron run.php that should do it. on the very begining of the oxwall installation show you the path to the site. You should write that down before you continue.

PS: Your hosting panel should be on full cron job for that command to work. your hosting panel on the reseller or who ever sold you the webhosting spaces have to setup the hosting panel cron to full cron. is not that /usr/bin/php/your paty don't work.
The Forum post is edited by Pedro Jan 3 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 3 '11
@Juan
try to use /usr/local/bin/php
instead /user/bin/php
Pedro
Pedro Jan 4 '11
did that work?
Juan
Juan Jan 5 '11
Haven't had a chance, I'll try tonight.
Juan
Juan Jan 5 '11
No good, same thing eg. /bin/sh: /bartetm1/local/bin/php: No such file or directory

I guess I'll keep it the way I had it, it worked fine except for getting the Can't find master page `'.html_document.'` ! once in a while.

Btw, Is there a folder or file where I can replace or add the html_document file?
The Forum post is edited by Juan Jan 5 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 5 '11
@Juan
Use this: /local/bin/php without user.
Regarding .html_document error, this error can appear when you have DEV_MODE enabled. Just disable it.
The Forum post is edited by Den Jan 5 '11
Juan
Juan Jan 7 '11
Thank you Adden, I'll try both ways.
The Forum post is edited by Juan Jan 7 '11
Juan
Juan Jan 8 '11
The /local/bin/php without user didn't work. I disabled the DEV_MODE, hopefully this will work.
Den Team
Den Jan 10 '11
In this way ask your hosting provider which command you need to use to run php in cronjobs.
The Forum post is edited by Den Jan 10 '11
Pages: 1 2 »