We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why don't replace tinychat with webcam chat like on xitti? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ruai
Ruai Nov 11 '10
Hi,

Just went through blog.wall.fm,

from this post http://blog.wall.fm/2010/11/new-release-brand-new-public-webcam-chat-on-xitti.html

it said that the tinychat plugin was replace by a new webcam chat on xitti.

Does oxwall.org gonna offering us this plugin as a tinychat replacement in self hosted site too?

If do, hopefully it is a free plugin as the tinychat.

Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Ruai Nov 11 '10
Emil Team
Emil Nov 12 '10
Ruai,

If it was possible, we would have released the new chat on Wall.fm and Oxwall, too, instantly.

The problem is it requires Flashcom server which is paid and hosted on a separate server to serve Xitti. Since All Xitti sites are paid, we could scale and support this chat there.

If the new chat proves to be a successful replacement for Tinychat, we might release it for paid networks on Wall.fm but there's still no viable free alternative to Tinychat.

If you ever find one feel free to suggest because we, too, are looking for it.
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Nov 13 '10
TinyChat Is OK By Me. It DOESN'T Appear To Offer Smileys, etc., But Other Than That It's Mainly OK! Dial Up Users Are On A Big Delay From Me Though. :--)
Ruai
Ruai Nov 14 '10

Quote from Oxwall Software

Ruai,

If it was possible, we would have released the new chat on Wall.fm and Oxwall, too, instantly.

The problem is it requires Flashcom server which is paid and hosted on a separate server to serve Xitti. Since All Xitti sites are paid, we could scale and support this chat there.

If the new chat proves to be a successful replacement for Tinychat, we might release it for paid networks on Wall.fm but there's still no viable free alternative to Tinychat.

If you ever find one feel free to suggest because we, too, are looking for it.

Hi oxwall.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a suggestion, a good chat..but it was not a live webcam chat.

Why don't take a look at wibiya.com? They have a great bar to be put at the bottom of a website.

If, this wibiya's chat can intergrate with oxwall's powered site, it would be a great improvement as alternative to the tinychat. At this moment, by using wibiya users can sign using their yahoo, twitter, myspace and of course facebook ID.

Besides, this bar is most likely the facebook bar chat. If possible, this chat can be place in the new page.

Thanks.
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '10
tok box released a new open tok platform you design your own video chat and run it on their servers theres a lot of potential there
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 21 '11
I want to see a chat plugin that integrates with the users on the site so they dont need to log in just like tinychat does but also moderation.I like that tinychat os hosted on another server therefore my host is happy traffic is not loaded onto their system!
ChatPause
ChatPause Jul 9 '12
ChatPause 17 minutes agoMessage #1Hi I hope this is ok to post im sorry if not,

I have noticed a few people asking for a replacement chat for there oxwall as a replacement to tinychat just to put it out there I have a flash chat server that is text based but has emotions, youtube uploads in rooms, upload avatar or webcam clip, and room owners have control of there users, also flash games built in, if it is started as aloud I will post a link to the chat for you to see if it would work for you,

to help pay for my hosting costs I do rent my rooms at $4 pcm but will also use in future plans to add live chat cams and the prive will not go up,

The chat will work for you oxwall by paste a html code into a new page displaying you own room, please let me know if I can send the link out for people to see

Quote · Flag · EditChatPause 7 minutes agoMessage #2Here is a screen shot of 1 of the chat rooms, and yes you can use with your iphone and android, :) 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=103416893136065&set=a.103416889802732.5427.100004032641793&type=3&theater

Sorry I think I posted that in the wrong place before, and yes sorry you will need t make accounts with it or log in to it with facebook or live accounts 

Geek Girl
Geek Girl Aug 24 '12
Why not offer it and for those who want to over it on their sites, we will worry about Flashcom server.
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 10 '12
We cannot offer application server for distribution as that product is not for Oxwall store and we cannot sell it now.
Shane james
Shane james May 28 '18
After registering within a fifty percent a hr, scottrade log in there's likewise Scottrade elite but you're going to need to pay for that streaming quote.
Ania Queen
Ania Queen Dec 4 '23

We pride ourselves on providing our customers with a reliable and professional service. Our experienced drivers are dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service, Flughafen Transfer ensuring a smooth and stress-free journey on every job. With our  you can be sure that you will arrive at the airport on time and comfortably and that you can prepare for your flight in a relaxed manner.