We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Apparently Oxwall sucks as customer service... Can someone help asap | Forum

Htm
Htm Mar 27 '15
Ok so I can't get help anywhere from anyone. Does Oxwall answer there email? Does anyone know how to contact someone about information and suggestions on a plugin I'm searching for.
Need help asap.
I have a site done by Oxwall and am looking for a live chat plugin. I need one that is iOS and android compatible as well as computer. This plugin must work for all mobile,tablet, and computers. Is there an plugin that does this? I saw one, I believe is called group chat that is $50. Does this one do what I need. I don't want to pay for it if the plugin is not what I need. <br/>
Need help asap.
dave Leader
dave Mar 28 '15
Hi, probably the best thing to do is contact the developer themselves and ask if their plugin will do what you need.   Oxwall staff does not typically cover support questions on plugins outside of the core plugins.  So you will need to ask the individual developer. 

I hope that helps.  

As per your question about what you need, i do not personally know of one that does everything you need it to do. 

Htm
Htm Mar 28 '15
I tried sending messages to developer. It says it's by Oxwall accessories. And no contact info there.
It's a big loop on how to get help with anything involving oxwall
Abbey
Abbey Mar 28 '15
try cometchat.com, it's 49$ and works with android, iphone and desktop.... I use it on my site
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Mar 28 '15
dave Leader
dave Mar 29 '15
But remember if you use cometchat or any other chat that does not store the data locally, you really need to put a short disclaimer on the page letting people know that their chat text is being stored outside of your website by another entity and never to share personal information. 

When we used to use tinychat we had this on our page. 

WARNING! This chat room is not privatized to this website.  Your conversations are stored over on the tinychat server not our website. If you require privacy please use another chat option.  Never share any personal identifiable information in chat.

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 29 '15