We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Main functions are not working properly | Forum

Din
Din Apr 1 '15
All functions (join, sign in, add to friend, remove from friends etc) are not working automatically in my site, until you do not make next step. For example when I add new friend, it doesn't show notification that request was send. Notification is shown only when you go to other page or push some other buttons etc. What can be the reason? 
ross Team
ross Apr 1 '15
What do you mean by join and sign-in functions are not working automatically?
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 1 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 1 '15
What is your software version?
Din
Din Apr 2 '15
Hello. My software version is 1.7.2. The same as with friend request above, when you sign in, it does not show that you signed in, there is still active button sign-in shown, but you can see that you signed in(it shows user name at top in place of sign in button) when you go to other page or push some other buttons etc
ross Team
ross Apr 2 '15
Din, switch to the default theme and disable the plugins you have added recently before the issue started to occur. I see a lot of Javascript errors in the console at your website, start with oaboost plugin. 
Jordi
Jordi Apr 2 '15
yes this is a problem by the oaboost plugin. I had the same. And the devolper said he gonna fix it..
Din
Din Apr 2 '15
Many thanks. Trying... By the way, how to check Javascript errors?
ross Team
ross Apr 2 '15
Do you mean where to see those javascript errors? If so, you can check them in the Firefox console. See this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting
Din
Din Apr 2 '15
Yes, thank you very much!
ross Team
ross Apr 2 '15
Din, has your issue been resolved after deactivating oaboost plugin?
Din
Din Apr 3 '15
Hello. Thank you for support. No, it was not trying other plugins.
ross Team
ross Apr 3 '15
Ok, if, at some point, you deactivated all plugins, switched to the default theme and problem still would be there. Please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Din
Din Apr 4 '15
Hello. I have deactivated all 3rd party plugins and have default theme. Problem was not solved. 
Din
Din Apr 4 '15
Can it be related to installed nginx?
ross Team
ross Apr 5 '15
Din, can you please PM me your admin and CPanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. Thanks.
ross Team
ross Apr 5 '15
Din, I checked your error log, there's something wrong with the extension memcached.so seems like the file is empty. 

Contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue with this error: 

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/memcached.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/memcached.so: file too short in Unknown on line 0

Also, what are the apc.php apc check files you have in the root of the software and in the ow_cron folder? What do they do

Din
Din Apr 6 '15
Thank you.  APC is a PHP accelerator. Ok, i'll check.