We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no styles and templates / error 404[Solved] | Forum

victor
victor May 13 '15
Hello eveybody:

After  making a manual installation of oxwall, I have the problem that there are no styles and templates on my website.

I searched in older post and I did what they said:

- check permissions of folders

- check that the css files exist

- turn on the debug mode

- check the .htaccess file

then I enter in my config.php and change this line:

define('OW_URL_HOME', '***/oxwall/index.php');

for this:

define('OW_URL_HOME', '***/oxwall/');

Then I see the styles and templates in the main page, but everything else have the 404 error (before I change this line I can browse).

This is my htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw$RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\$RewriteRule (.*) index.php

I have my own apache server, can you help me? I´m stuck with this.

My domain:

http://***/oxwall/

I don´t show my IP for safety issues. send private if you want to access de domain

The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 17 '15
ross Team
ross May 13 '15
I'm sorry but we cannot enter the domain you provided in the post. See attachment. 

Where did you install the software? in the oxwall subfolder?

Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2015-05-13 18:37:19.png (101Kb)
victor
victor May 13 '15

Quote from ross I'm sorry but we cannot enter the domain you provided in the post. See attachment. 

Where did you install the software? in the oxwall subfolder?

I don´t know why you can't access, it´s strange. I give you a couple of photos on the attachment.

About the install, yes I did install it in the oxwall sub folder.

The Forum post is edited by victor May 13 '15
ross Team
ross May 14 '15
Still can't enter your domain. The same error. 

Can you please make sure you have mod_rewrite module enabled?

victor
victor May 14 '15
Ok, I found the reason why you can't access to the domain, the port 80 is not activated, I have been working on the port 25315. I´m not the owner of the server, so it will take some days to enable it.

About the mod_ rewrite, yes, it's enabled (rewrite in the newest apache versions), see the attachment.

The Forum post is edited by victor May 14 '15
victor
victor May 14 '15
The port is open, you can access now.
victor
victor May 20 '15
Could you please take a look into it, now that the site is accesible? I' m stuck with this problem and I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you very much.

ross Team
ross May 20 '15
Victor, sorry for the delay, can you please PM me your CPanel and admin access details, so I can take a look at the issue. 
ross Team
ross May 27 '15
Victor, I checked the files you have via ssh I don't see any .htaccess file there, can you please upload it. 
victor
victor Jun 16 '15
Hi, thanks to the oxwall suport team I finally solved my issue.

The principal problem was on mod_rewrite module, it was installed but not configured, so I need to go to my server configuration file (in my case apache2/conf.d) and set it  in the directory of /var/www/ :

<Directory /> ... AllowOverride All ... </Directory>

Also I don' t have the cURL extension of php, and the .htacces as to be the original one.

Thanks again to the oxwall support team.

The Forum post is edited by victor Jun 16 '15
ross Team
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
Thanks Victor, I'm going to mark this thread as Solved