We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Clearing site cache doesn't work | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Cartonic
Cartonic Mar 11 '12
Changed my website from Macabre(and deleted it) to another theme and video-no-video.png, no-avatar.png and my changed avatar are still requested from old paths( macabre theme and old avatar adress respectively) and give 404 error. I tried refreshing the website with dev mode enabled and it didn't seemed to work.
Cartonic
Cartonic Mar 12 '12
Thanks for the advice but that didn't sorted it out. That means if I switch between 10 themes and in mean time there's activity on the site I have to keep them all to get various thumbnails from them. And on newsfeed my avatar(old one changed) still isn't showing up(has the path to old one) and that that means this issue will be faced by every user who wants to change his avatar.

Donno what to do.
Mark
Mark Mar 12 '12
is your server/website setting expires headers? could be your browsers is still reading from its own cached copy.
Cartonic
Cartonic Mar 12 '12

Quote from Mark is your server/website setting expires headers? could be your browsers is still reading from its own cached copy.

I don't know too much about expiring headers but for shure it's not the browser(cheched with 4 different browsers). After digging into forum I found an issue very similar to mine here
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 20 '12
Do you face this issue with images in the Newsfeed or somewhere else? Provide us with more details so that we could give more detailed reply.
Rachel
Rachel Apr 3 '23

Here are some ways you can try to fix your caching problem, in order of escalation:

Try holding down the Shift key while pressing the Refresh button.

Close your browser and re-open it (make sure you are NOT on the cached page) and delete your temporary Internet files (clear your cache). 

Restart your computer.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

thomas
thomas Apr 8 '23

If clearing your site cache doesn't work, there may be a few potential causes for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Try a different browser: Clearing your cache in one browser may not necessarily clear it in another. Try accessing your site in a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Check your server cache: Your site may have a server-side cache that needs to be cleared. Contact your web hosting provider or server administrator to see if this is the case and how to clear it.

Use a cache plugin: If you're using a content management system like WordPress, there may be cache plugins available that can help you clear your site cache more effectively.

Check your website code: Sometimes, site caching issues can be caused by problems with your website code. Check your code for any issues that may be causing caching problems.

Check your browser cache settings: Make sure that your browser is configured to clear its cache regularly. You may need to adjust your browser settings to ensure that your cache is cleared properly.

Contact your developer or webmaster: If none of these steps work, it may be time to bring in a professional. Contact your website developer via WhatsApp Groups or webmaster to help you troubleshoot and fix any caching issues on your site.

Regards: MCPCB

thomas
thomas Apr 8 '23

If clearing the cache of your site doesn't work, there could be several reasons why:

Incorrect method: Make sure you are using the correct method to clear the cache for your specific website platform. Different platforms have different ways to clear their cache, so make sure you are following the correct steps.

Server caching: Your website may have server-level caching that cannot be cleared from the website's backend. In this case, you may need to contact your hosting provider to clear the server cache.

Browser caching: Sometimes, the cache issue may be due to the browser caching the old version of the website. In this case, try clearing the browser cache and see if it resolves the issue.

Plugin or theme caching: Some website plugins and themes may also have their own caching system, which may need to be cleared separately. Check if your website has any caching plugins or themes and clear their caches as well.

CDN caching: If your website uses a content delivery network (CDN), the cached version of your website may be stored on multiple servers across the world. In this case, you may need to clear the cache on the CDN as well.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to seek further technical assistance to diagnose the issue.

Regards: InstaBioHub

Tierbestattung Albstadt

The Forum post is edited by thomas Apr 8 '23
thomas
thomas May 7 '23
S&A Transport Express provides a reliable and efficient courier service that ensures packages and documents are delivered on time and in good condition. Their passenger transport services include the transportation of individuals to various destinations, including airports, hotels, and events. They have a range of vehicles to cater to different group sizes, from small cars to large buses. S&A Transport Express LLC also offers specialized transportation services for customers with unique transportation needs. This includes the transportation of oversized or heavy cargo, as well as specialized equipment or machinery.
Anjali Khan
Anjali Khan Jul 18 '23
  1. Use WhatsApp Group Links for Discussion about this Problem

2. Check if the cache is actually being cleared: Sometimes, even after clearing the cache, it might seem like nothing has changed due to browser caching or server-side caching. To ensure the cache is cleared, use the "hard refresh" or "force reload" option in your web browser (Ctrl + F5 on Windows, Command + Shift + R on Mac). Clear browser cache thoroughly: If the issue persists, try clearing your browser cache more thoroughly. Depending on the browser, you might have options to clear cache for a specific time range or choose which data to delete. Clearing cookies and other site data might also help. Check server-side caching: If your website uses server-side caching mechanisms like Varnish or a caching plugin, make sure you clear the cache from the server-side as well. Sometimes, these caches can cause issues if not cleared properly. Check caching plugins: If your website uses caching plugins like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache (for WordPress sites), check their settings and clear their caches. CDN cache: If you're using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) like Cloudflare, they might have cached versions of your site. Make sure to purge the CDN cache to see the changes. Disable caching temporarily: Temporarily disable any caching mechanisms on your website to see if the changes take effect. If they do, it indicates that the caching configuration needs adjustment. Review your code: Sometimes, cached versions of your site might be caused by incorrect cache headers or caching directives in your website's code. Double-check these settings and make sure they are properly configured. Check for server-side issues: If your website is hosted on a server, there might be server-side caching or caching at the proxy level. Contact your hosting provider or server administrator to ensure that any server-level caching is cleared. Wait for TTL (Time To Live) to expire: Some caching systems have a TTL setting, which determines how long the cache is valid. If you've cleared the cache but still don't see changes, it's possible that you need to wait for the TTL to expire before the cache is refreshed.