We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Error - need info to provide to HostForWeb so they can fix | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Mar 12 '12

I'm getting this error every time my Cron job runs:

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND' in /home/myuserid/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 160

I advised my hosting service about the error and they need more information on how to set up things on their end so the Cron job will run correctly.  Can you please help me get this sorted out?

My email verification is working properly on my site, however I am unable to send invitations to join the site (which is currently invite-only) and wonder if that issue is related to this?

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Lisa Mar 12 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 13 '12
Lisa, ask them to check into this link: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron and specify what information do they need.
Lisa
Lisa Mar 13 '12
Thank you! :) I've done that, I'll post here again if they need any information not on the install page.
Lisa
Lisa Mar 13 '12

They advised me to change my Cron Job from:

cd /home/mysiteuserid/public_html/ow_cron; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php -q run.php

to:

cd /home/mysiteuserid/public_html/ow_cron; /usr/local/bin/php -q run.php

So I've made that change. Can you just verify that this looks correct? I'm in unfamiliar territory here.

Should any changes take place immediately or not until the next Cron Job runs?

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 15 '12
Lisa, the following Cron command should work for you:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/mysiteuserid/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 15 '12
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Lisa
Lisa Mar 15 '12

Thanks Bob and thank you Mulder...

The cron job *seems* to be running correctly now (all the invitations I tried to send got delivered all at once once I corrected the string as I posted in my previous post).

Should I still change it to the one you suggested, Mulder? If so, should I use the string you provided for the 'second half' of the string so that full string reads like this:

cd /home/mysiteuserid/public_html/ow_cron;

Or should I replace the entire thing with just this:

I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language! lol

Lisa
Lisa Mar 15 '12
WOO! Thanks! ;) 

Triumph!