We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do refunds work if plugins don't? | Forum

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jun 15 '15
Oxwall seems very good. The drawback is something similar to Code Canyon--you need the plugins to work if you want to customize it to any degree and often they don't. CC is very good about refunding you though.

I'm concerned that the plugins being offered aren't compatible with the latest version. Also I need to spend a few hundred dollars to get what I need. (Some I think are pretty expensive for an open source platform--considering socialengine if I'm going to invest that much to get all the features.)

I see people buying plugins that don't work and they say they're out the money.  Now, I know PayPal well enough that if I pay through PP and they are selling stuff that doesn't work and won't refund, I'll report them and request their account be suspended. Don't want to have to resort to that as it's nearly impossible to get your account back once PP does that.

Could people tell me what the process is if a plugin doesn't work? Will a developer usually refund?

Thanks!
Den Team
Den Jul 15 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 30 '15
No actual refund. If dev wants - You will get money, if not - no money. I lost abt 50$ in total in such situation.
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Aug 31 '15
Elizabeth , plugin developers usually write this down somewhere.
I don't remember where I saw this exactly, but this developer http://www.oxwall.org/user/Purusothaman have written in one of his plugins that he does 100% refund if plugin is not working as described and if he ( developer) fails to fix this for you.

You can always ask about refund policy in forum or via PM with developer =) Make sure to capture your conversation though.

And as far as I know you can always open a claim on PayPal side within 60 days. PayPal is usually on your side in such matters and will refund you back.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Sep 1 '15
Thanks for the reply. I had an issue on CodeCanyon where the plugins (all 4 of them) were not compatible with the upgrade of the script which significantly limited its functionality. I finally had to give up and ditch the script. The silver lining was I found Oxwall and so far, I'm nothing but happy and impressed with it. And the plugins so far are working great. I think any time you have a group working on something as opposed to a single author, you're much better off. That way you aren't relying on one person if you have an issue or need a custom project.

Thanks again. :)