We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unable to upload images via the wall | Forum

Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15

Oxwall 1.7.4 using Ethos theme

My Oxwall installation

I am unable to add images using the wall or newsfeed.  I have looked through the issues others have and had tried numerous things:

I have unloaded ALL plugins - it still doesn't work

I have set the mod_security off - that makes no difference.

I have reloaded software baxck to 1.7.2 - that doesn't work.

I have altered the permissions to all the top Oxwall folders to 777 - that makes no difference.

I have tried other themes - that doesn't work.

I have looked in the Server error log, nothing!  HELP

+++++++++++

I am able to load photos, but only via the photo plugin.

================

See the error below as shown when I try and load, the "circle of no trust" just keeps running.

ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
Can you switch to the default theme and like Origin and see if the issue persists?
Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
Yes I have tried that - no joy.  Just set it now.

http://wwiireenactmentsouthwest.co.uk/oxwall/index

The Forum post is edited by Chris Jun 17 '15
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
Please, disable all 3rd party plugins and javascript code you have on your website and switch to the default theme now, I'll check the issue on your website. 
Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
OK give me 2 mins.How do I disable the java script code?  

Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
OK all done except not sure about the java script thing.  Do you mean the  cookies stuff?

On Origin theme

ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
When did the issue started to occur? Did you do anything on the server? Moved probably or something else?

Did you have a working site before that? I see you on some cloudflare server, does your server meets our requirements?

I will need ftp access details to check the issue. 

Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
OK PMed 

Thanks - must go now.  Will restore it all later.  Thanks for your help.

Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
I'm more an operator than a techy.  I believe the Server (FVS) is compatible.  They are very helpful.
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
Chris we found the issue, please read this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35967?page=2#post-145488
Chris
Chris Jun 17 '15
Dear Ross,

Thank you for taking the time to help.  I have by-passed Cloudflare and it works.  I might put it on a sub-domain and just by-pass that for now.  Does this mean that Cloudflare and Oxwall are NOT compatible at all, since in my case is prevents proper use of The Wall?

ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
It is compatible. Did you read the member's reply on the workaround: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35967?page=2#post-145549
Chris
Chris Jun 18 '15
Ross,
I have read it, but I don't understand what he's talking about. I have Rocketloader set on automatic.  This is what he's written:"This is a work around for it right now

Rocket Loader is a general-purpose asynchronous JavaScript loader coupled with a lightweight virtual browser which can safely run any JavaScript code after window.onload. 

Turning on Rocket Loader will immediately improve a web page's window.onload time (assuming there is JavaScript on the page), which can have a positive impact on your Google search ranking.

Here are the different settings that can be found for Rocket Loader under your CloudFlare account's performance settings:

Automatic Mode: Rocket Loader will automatically run on the JavaScript resources on your site, with no configuration required after turning on automatic mode."

I don't know what I am supposed to do to make it work.  He talks of going to manual, but doesn't say that is required.

I understand that Oxwall does not work with Cloudflare, unless something is changed and from this, I don't know what I am supposed to change.  I can access files and add code, but I don't understand what I am supposed to do here.

The Forum post is edited by Chris Jun 18 '15
ross Team
ross Jun 18 '15
Chris you can submit request to support team here: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/categories/200276217 they will assist you with Rocket loader configuration. 
Chris
Chris Jun 19 '15
Thank you.