We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

404 not Found - Advertisement plugin[Solved] | Forum

Agronomu
Agronomu Jul 1 '15
Hello. I want to install on my website, v.1.7.4, advertisement plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/37
After banner creation, when i try to click on Banner Placement i recive this erorr:
Warning: file_put_contents(/home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_log/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php on line 61

The admin panel works fine, but when i try to acces front page, i recive this erorr
Not Found

The requested URL /e500.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The same problem is on both my websites, on 2 different themes (facebooknext and ethos)
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 6 '15
ross Team
ross Jul 1 '15
you need to rename ow_logs folder ow_log and set permissions of this folder to 777

then you need to enable debug mode to see the error on user-end. 

do you have e500.php file and .htacess file in the root of your software?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 1 '15
Agronomu
Agronomu Jul 2 '15
i rename it, and set permissions
after i enable debug mode, it appear, on banner placement

OW Debug - Error

Message: Argument 1 passed to links_ads_enabled() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector given File: /home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_plugins/links/init.php Line: 185

-- i do not have e500.php in root. Instead i have 500.phtml

ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
It's ok, the issue is with the links plugin, where did you get it? how long do you have it?
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
It was Oxwall plugin, but we do not support it anymore as it now belongs to the 3rd party developer. 

Disable it and see if the issue persists. 

Agronomu
Agronomu Jul 2 '15
after i disable the plugin, all is fine
Agronomu
Agronomu Jul 2 '15
i thing, the best method, is to not use this plugin.

is any change to insert 2 html banner codes in  ethos 'sidebar' and up to content of every page? visible in all pages

The Forum post is edited by Agronomu Jul 2 '15
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
I'm not sure I understood your correctly, but if I did

the area to the left is not a sidebar it is a menu wrap, the functionality of the ads plugin does not do that, besides, I think ethos does not have sidebar

as to the top content area, i'm not quite sure what you're referring to and what the issue is. please elaborate your request. 

tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 2 '15
Hi, I also have the same problem, how can I fix it ? I would love to use this plug in, it looks so useful
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
What exact problem you have? The error related to the links? If so, then the plugin must be compatible with 1.7.4 version, if not, please elaborate the issue. 
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 3 '15

Quote from ross What exact problem you have? The error related to the links? If so, then the plugin must be compatible with 1.7.4 version, if not, please elaborate the issue. 
Dear ross, I have downloaded this, and It looks like its compatible.. and my problem is when I activate the plugin I cant use the website. where ever I go it gave me the same error: 
Quote from Agronomu Hello. I want to install on my website, v.1.7.4, advertisement plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/37
After banner creation, when i try to click on Banner Placement i recive this erorr:
Warning: file_put_contents(/home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_log/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php on line 61

The admin panel works fine, but when i try to acces front page, i recive this erorr
Not Found

The requested URL /e500.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The same problem is on both my websites, on 2 different themes (facebooknext and ethos)
and I think I dont have the files that you mentioned but how will I get them?
Olivia
Olivia Jul 4 '15
I also had this problem with the install of Advertisement plugin. It was also due to the Links plugin. If you have it, uninstall it and will be good.
ross Team
ross Jul 5 '15
Tibriz, please provide the screenshot of the error you have on your website

If you have just this error: 

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_log/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/simulatormods/public_html/drusca.com/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php on line 61

You need to rename ow_logs folder in the root of the software to ow_log and set permissions to 777

tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 6 '15

Quote from Olivia I also had this problem with the install of Advertisement plugin. It was also due to the Links plugin. If you have it, uninstall it and will be good.

Thanks for the suggestion Olivia, but it didnt work :(

This is the screenshotRoss!

ross Team
ross Jul 6 '15
Tibriz, is your friends plugin updated?
What is your software version?
What is your friends plugin version? You can check the build in ow_plugins/friends/plugin.xml file the line with the <build>
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 6 '15
yes I updated friends and the other plugins but now its a big trouble!

ross Team
ross Jul 6 '15
You have mysql server turned off, which is why you have two warning, please wait a little, it should be enabled soon, if it does not, contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue. 

PLEASE, before posting anything do the search on the forum first

tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 6 '15
Thanks ross but now there is no shown problem other than this:

I mean instead of the ad, it only shows the ad label, which is Reklam

ross Team
ross Jul 6 '15
Have you added the code to display the ad? 

Can you please provide the ad code?

tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 6 '15

Yes of course I added, and it can be seen in preview of advertisement plug in but not where I want. 

But then I realized that my ads were responsive thats was the reason, I changed it, and used 728x90 than it worked now. So, solved, thanks. 

Pages: 1 2 »