We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Softaculous | Forum

Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 24 '15
Something is wrong using Softaculous for new installations on Arvixe.com services, after successful installation Oxwall don't recognize username or password credentials, it's a bug?
ross Team
ross Jul 27 '15
Gabriel, we just tested the issue you reported and we could not reproduce that. 

Both admin and simple user credentials work fine. You either enter wrong credentials or there was some server failure while installation. 

Try to reinstall again, please

Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 27 '15
I'd try dozens of times, follow all instructions right how guides say, always with same result, "installation failed", all that times I'd used arvixe support asking them to install it to me, and it worked fine every time a I did it, but after installation (using username and password supplied by arvixe support staff) credentials are not recognized, then I call them again, they give me some other user and pass and start working fine, I don't know how they do it, but for sure it is not the way it supposed to be with Softaculous. You guys should talk to Arvixe server and Softaculous I guess, softaculous installation way isn't working fine at all.
The Forum post is edited by Gabriel Jul 27 '15
ross Team
ross Jul 27 '15
Gabriel, so you let Arvixe do the Softaculuous installation for you. Why don't you do that on your own? It is two-click installation and this time you'll know the access details for sure, as you can see Chris and I don't have any issues, as I noted I tested yesterday, did fresh installation and everything went well. 
Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 28 '15
That is exactly what I talking about, each time I used Softaculous (because I'd use it many times with other installations and all of them where successful), installation of Oxwall was successful too, but problem was just only recognition of credentials ("username or password are incorrect"), but if Arvixe make installation even credentials are fine, do you understand?, I don't, so that's why I advice you guys. Maybe problem is between Oxwall-Softaculous setup or Oxwall-Arvixe or Arvixe-Softaculous, I don't know, I just want to help because I believe in Oxwall, it's a good open source.
bobbi
bobbi Jul 28 '15
when you join arvixe using the link provided on this site oxwall is pre installed and configured, all you do is sign up to arvixe and that it is everything is done for you my site was installed this way, 

the last couple of updates softaculous has had issues with the update, i have not had the email from them yet about 1.7.5  there is a post here somewhere about it and from the last update too

Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 28 '15

Quote from undefined undefined

Quote from undefined undefined
I think Arvixe is doing the install manually, instead I doing it with Softaculous.
ross Team
ross Jul 28 '15
Gabriel, as I noted before, I tried yesterday myself, I did brand-new installation on Arvixe, on shared hosting, via Softaculous, installation went fine, admin access details created while installation work fine, new user registration work fine, probably there was some server failures you need to contact Arvixe to resolve the issue.