We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgraded from 1.7.5 to 1.8 Site Now Blank | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
B
B Oct 6 '15
Just attempted to update from 1.7.5 to 1.8. Have never had a problem manually updating before. Of course, this time, just because I figured I've never had a problem and didn't backup I am now having a problem. After manually updating unable to access any part of the site. Turned debugging on and it's not giving me anything. Error log also now showing anything. Account Raw Logs is saying:

[Tue Oct 06 18:50:41 2015] [error] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/****/public_html/[site]/community/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863

Didn't attempt to update any plugins or anything first. Always update the platform itself before anything else. 

Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Oct 7 '15
make sure that your PHP version is at least 5.4
Fernando
Fernando Oct 8 '15
i have the same error and i have higher than 5.4 php,
I'm getting the exact same error :(
Taissa Team
Taissa Oct 13 '15
B, Fernando thanks for the reports. 
Which version of PHP do you have?
B
B Oct 13 '15
Yes, I have 5.5
The Forum post is edited by B Oct 13 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Oct 14 '15
B, this error occurs on line 863 because it uses Anonymous function.  Anonymous functions became available in PHP 5.3.0 version. So, please provide screenshot of your phpinfo file where it says that you have PHP 5.5 version.
You may find it using phpinfo(). Go to ow_includes folder/config.php file, right after

<?php

insert  phpinfo();

then go to your website. You'll see info about your server configuration.