We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

social media share plugin | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
 the default image since the last update is taking over every page even photos pages

its not affecting the sharing part ie share pic to facebook
the problem is it makes the default image og image everywhere
before last update
add this recommended content showed the images from profiles, photos and just about every page
since the update every page is the default image

in the screen shot
the top 3 links are to profiles that use to show the users avatar
the last one is link to image in photos plugin
that use to show the image

i also tryed facebook recommends and it shows the same default image dor every page

it needs a way to turn the default image off complete
and show only on /   or index page  options
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Oct 14 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 14 '15
Default software does not have recommended widget/plugin

What is the exact issue? Please elaborate and provide more details as it is hard to understand what the default image issue is related to  and what does it have to do with social share and screenshot you provided. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
social share default images has never works and in last update they have fixed it
the problem is they have fixed it to much
the image above is a widget from add this site
it shows recommended content on what has been shared and so on via the social share plugin as it uses add this for the plugin

before the last plugin update all was good
but now every page including photo pages  profile pages every pages has the default image from social share plugin as default og image

the same for facebook recommend it works the same it shows content that has been shared to facebook from the site
it all now shows the default image from social share plugin on evey page link instead of use avatar and so on

ross Team
ross Oct 14 '15
Tammy, try to reproduce this on our demo, we have the latest social share plugin there as well. As we cannot reproduce that on our side. 

Besides, I don't see right now that social share plugin is enabled on your website: naughtyretreat. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
it need s to be configured  somehow to only put the default image on pages with no images
like join page so the friends inviter works right

really there is only few pages it should work on
/
/index
/join
ross Team
ross Oct 14 '15
See my reply above
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
http://demo.oxwall.org/join
and none your pages has the default og image from social share so your plugin is not working at all
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
please uninstall ur plugin reinstal it and upload a default image into the social share plugin
ross Team
ross Oct 14 '15
What do you mean? every page which has share button has og: image tag with the default image. Please be attentive
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 14 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 14 '15
i can not show you the problem on the demo site as the plugin is working jow it use to since the plugin was made

im my site i revert the plugin back before last update it works the same as on the demo
i update the plugin it still works the same the demo
i then uninstall the plugin and reinstall it and the plugin the works the default image that has never worked for day one the plugin was put in the store

please uninstall the plugin and install it the use fb url debuger and u will see on the demo join page it has the default og image from the social shared plugin

then i can show you the problems

ross Team
ross Oct 15 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand why I have to reinstall the plugin on demo? besides it is not possible to do that, I don't have the privileges to do that. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
the plugin on the demo is not work is why it needs be reinstalled

so when you test the join page it will show the default image that is upload in the social share plugin admin
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
then i can show you the problems

or if you like i can reinable the plugin on my site and you can use the fb debugger to see the default image just about everywhere

if not i am revert back to before the plugin was updates so it works like one the demo site
ross Team
ross Oct 15 '15
What do you mean it is not working? It is working, please provide screenshots where I can see that it is not working. 

I just disabled social media sharing plugin on demo and join page still does not have any og:image. I still don't understand what you're referring to as the issue. Something is wrong specifically on your website and social media sharing has nothing to do with this. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
its not hard i have told you so many times go to facebook  url debug
put demo join in
http://demo.oxwall.org/join
debig it

and tell me does it have the default image from social share plugin

no

so the plugin on the demo page is not working
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
debig blogs or any other page and you will see it dont work on the demo site
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
and that exact how the plugin has worked for ever and work like that even after up do the last update
the dam thing dont start working untill u uninstall and reinstall it

i have done it 4 times now every time exact same

and once you get it working the default image is everywhere on just about every page including profiles

ross Team
ross Oct 15 '15
please read my replies attentively and check this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24875?page=1#post-112078
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
ross that has nothing to do with it
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 15 '15
ok i will do screen shots  of everything
Pages: 1 2 3 »