We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What privileges do you have? - Login As User | Forum

John
John Oct 29 '15
Let's say your site has two roles - Free and paid. Free members can't upload photos but paid members can. When admin goes to a free profile, can he upload photos or does he have to upgrade the free role to paid before entering?

Why? You may ask. I'm only allowing my free members to have four (4) photos, but paid members can have 100 plus. The only way I seem to be able to achieve this is by not allowing free members to post photos at all. I will post the photos for them.

Maybe there's a better way. if so, please tell me.

John
John Oct 30 '15
To answer my own question, I purchased this plugin and it does work exactly as promised on Version 8.0. That in itself is a blessing.

It doesn't do exactly what I had hoped for, but I fully realize why and the plugin will be very useful anyway.

To achieve what I want, I first have to elevate the user's role to a paid member. Then I logon as user, upload his photos and log out. When I return to the site as admin, I must go back to the users profile and downgrade his/her membership again. It's no big deal, but it does involve a few extra steps where mistakes can creep in.

My problem is unique and I do not expect any programmer to cover every contingency. Having said that, maybe some thought could be given to future releases allowing admin to login as user with "full" admin control.

As it is, by using this plugin it does allow me to upload four photos for a free user and retain control of his/her profile. That's exactly what I need!
The Forum post is edited by John Oct 30 '15
You do not have permission to reply this topic