We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone had luck using his oxwall site and S3 cloud ???? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Hani
Hani May 10 '12

Guys I followed the instructions at  http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cloud_hosting:amazons3

I created the account, got firefox installed and moved the ow userfiles...but It is not working. So anybody had success with moving his site files to amazon s3 cloud ???? thanks

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I was not able to use Amazon S3. But my site is running successfully on Amazon cloud hosting.
Hani
Hani May 10 '12

What the name of your site my friend ?, you hit the target going directly with cloud hosting, I guess that's the alternative better way is to go directly with them versus s3, did you experience any issues vs traditional hosting?. I am still looking for s3 cloud success stories to see if there is any !!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hani,

I can not share the site here. It was done for a client. Sorry for that.

Cloud hosting is very easy. But you need to do lot of setups in the unix. I installed an unix LAMP instance with Amazon EC2. I am planning to prepare a document for others to know the entire process.

Why to go to S3 when you have EC2?
Joseph
Joseph May 10 '12
hani when following the instructions to set up cloud hosting with s3 have you removed the { and } symbols from the code? This was my issue before
Hani
Hani May 11 '12

hmm, thanks for the tip...It is partially working, the pictures are not being correctly displayed when I upload new ones, you can't see the pic, but they are being stored to s3. Also, the files for blogs, event, groups are not being transffered.

You had this problem Joseph ???

Joseph
Joseph May 12 '12
I had no issue with groups or events and blogs do not store anything in the ow_userfiles so only focus on events and groups but what I would do is check if you do not have any groups with images or events with images then you have no files to transfer and thus these folders will not be created and you should create them manually and set them to be public in fact make sure all your files are public by right clicking on ow_userfiles and selecting make public
Hani
Hani May 12 '12
how about the photos any issues with them not displaying like I am having did you had to adjust any settings??

Quick Question: When i create a group or event or video it should store under ow_users (event folder or group folder or video folder correct) ??? so why I can't see any of these files under ow_user files my video,event and group folders are empty...

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I had the same problem as Hani. The images were not stored in the S3 bucket. So I decided to use the cloud hosting instead of just cloud CDN.