We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

chat message problems | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '16
i reported this long times ago and was answered that it works fine on the demo site
i finally got time to test it on the demo site and the problem is there as well

i started the chat then refreshed the page clicked in the chat and started type and the words text message got in the middle the words

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '16
it done it the first time and i have since tryed 5 million times and can not reproduce it hahahahahaha
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '16
but i did somehow just get this error

ross Team
ross Jan 5 '16
we need the exact steps how to reproduce that on our demo. 
ross Team
ross Jan 5 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
all i done was send the message hi
then refreshed the page and went to type more words and they get inserted into the words text message
i then tryed hundreds of times to reproduce it but could not 

on my site i have noticed it happens more often when doing something that makes the server work more 
like if i run a full scan with spam killer plugin 
or if i have dev mode on 

maybe something like theres a time to finish render it and somehow if you get in between that time it does not clear the words text message 
ross Team
ross Jan 6 '16
probably the page has not loaded completely, we tried to reproduce that on demo but we could not. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
yeah i have tried heaps of time over the last 18 months or so and never once reproduced it on the demo site 
and when it actually done it the other day i was shocked lol 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
i just got it the second time on go to dashboard page and click in chat and got the error

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
and reply to it on dashboard page 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16

and again

ross Team
ross Jan 6 '16
we need the exact steps, besides I don't see anything weird on the last two screenshots you provided
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
see the words text message

go to dashboard page and as the chat loads click in the box where the words text message is and the words text message does not vanish they get inserted into the message

the first ones was because i clicked in middle the words the last ones was i clicked in the box at the end the words so the courser was at the end of them so that where my words are typed   
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16

and again
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 6 '16
it seams easier to do in firefox then in chrome and explorer
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 15 '16
Ok, we were able to reproduce the issue, we have passed it to our devs.
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 15 '16
thank you 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Mar 15 '16
 yea
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Mar 15 '16