We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Resolved] Cannot Upgrade or Install Oxwall 1.8.1 | Forum

Musik
Musik Jan 29 '16
Ross, I attempted the update this weekend after disabling all third-party plugins and reverting to the default theme. I followed the procedure as outlined here and again encountered a 500 error. I'm not sure what is wrong but every step was followed correctly yet I'm still encountering errors.
ross Team
ross Jan 31 '16
Please enable debug mode and provide us with the actual error. 
Musik
Musik Feb 1 '16
Hey, Ross. I'll have to break my site again to do so. Unfortunately, I only have limited time during the week to devote to this. I will attempt to do so Tuesday. (I brought it back up so my users could use it. I have a very active site.)
ross Team
ross Feb 1 '16
Well, I am online 10am-7pm monday-friday GMT +6. Let me know if I could be of any help. 
Musik
Musik Mar 4 '16
Update: I attempted to update again using this process but it still doesn't work properly. I then attempted a fresh install of Oxwall using version 1.8.1 and it did not work. I actually received the same error. This may be server related and not Oxwall. I currently use Bluehost Cloud Sites hosting with the following server specs:

Apache 2.2.31

PHP 5.4.24

MySQL 5.5.42

And this matches recommended hosting specs. Am I missing something? Currently, I'm stuck at Oxwall 1.7.5 indefinitely until I can resolve this.

Edit: Updated title of thread to match the core issue. The Virtual Gift plugin was a symptom that tipped me off to the core issue.

The Forum post is edited by Musik Mar 4 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '16
Musik, pm your cpanel access details and admin website access details, I'll take a look at the issue. Do backup beforehand please. 
Musik
Musik Mar 7 '16
Thanks, Ross. Much appreciated. Backup is done and I PM'd you the details.
ross Team
ross Mar 8 '16

Your server does not meet our requirements 

you php version is 5.2.17 and you need 5.3 +

which is why your site is broken after each update. 

ross Team
ross Mar 8 '16
contact your hosting provider to upgrade php version
Musik
Musik Mar 9 '16
Thanks, Ross! Also, going to mark as resolved. After updating my server PHP to 5.4, I followed these steps and completed upgrading my site to 1.8.1.
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
Great, thanks for letting us know. 
Pages: « 1 2