We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Purchased plugins update Lizenz | Forum

gami
gami Jan 13 '16

Hello there,I have since update a problem with Purchased plugins. Prefer the Enter license to get to the page not found. xxxx.de/e500.php

Please help

thank Micha

ross Team
ross Jan 13 '16
enable debug mode and provide the actual error. 
gami
gami Jan 14 '16
hi ross,

the error message

ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
what php version do you have?

do you have SSL installed on your website?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 14 '16
gami
gami Jan 14 '16
php version is 5.5.9.1
yes I have ssl
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
Ga, please download the update pack again, not 1.8.1 pack, but update pack. 

unpack the update pack to the root of your software run site.com/ow_updates again. 

Tell us if the issue persists

gami
gami Jan 14 '16

hi ross

I already did yesterday :-(

ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
Yes, I understand, however we released two update packs seems like you got the first one with the issues you have now. Which is why I'm asking to do the update again. 
gami
gami Jan 14 '16
When you brought the update to get out? because the update what I had done was again the theme (updated automatically)
gami
gami Jan 14 '16
hello ross,

Now what I can do please ?? am a bit annoyed now :-(

micha

ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
Ga, did you download the update pack and run the manual update again, as I suggested?
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 15 '16
I used the update inside of my oxwall site.  You have a major defect.  It is declaring all of my paid plugins to be unlicensed AND is not accepting the license keys even when I try to paste them in.

These are valid plugins that are showing in my purchases in the store.

It is threatening to disable the plugins.  If there is an update then it should show up in my admin panel.

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 15 '16
How long do we have for them to fix this before our plugins stop working.  The very concept of this "feature" stinks so bad that I don't even want to get started.  It was really starting to appear that Oxwall had really gotten their act together in a big way.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 15 '16
oxwall team has shown so many stupid derisions but this takes the cake 

there worried about ppl use plugins that they dont have licences for 
and the way they have go about fixing it a 10 year old could see there mistakes
i have owned and run a business that employed  100 ppl
and i have seen lots of bad business decisions buy other company
but if i add them all together does not = %50 of this huge stuff up

the oxwall team need to step up and slap some brains into the project manager boss
or sack them 

this is a stuff up of biblical proportions 

1 the problem they have caused now if some one is use a plugin they dont have a licence for theres no way in hell they are going to buy one as 99% of plugin have not been updated in years and they wont buy something that is not kept up to date

2 just about everyone has left oxwall already including devs
now the one that are lefy will leave for other platforms

3 all they had to do was clean the store up by remove plugins that dont work and have not been updated in long time
make the dev fix there plugin 
make them get there plugins up to scratch 
then any one who has plugin without licences would buy them 

oxwall needs to pull there heads out of where the sun dont shine before they are over whelmed by the stench they have just made
oxwall has been in a flat spin and going down i a steady spiral 
but this has tipped it over the point of no return 

theres only one solution and thats revert all this stupidity
suspend all oxwall updates 
and concentrate on fixing the mess

but we all know that wont happen 

so i have just contacted my dev to stop all work on oxwall plugins

and well i have had enough of this shit and i am going to go look for another platform 

bye all wish u all luck

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Jan 15 '16
gami
gami Jan 16 '16

Hello oxwaller Hello Tammy,

you hit the hammer on the nail. the best solution will be a different platform due user will thank when everything is new, and content are gone. Make :-( Oxwall and SkaDate the moment nut crap. (Skalfa)

micha

DeFender
DeFender Jan 16 '16
Tammy for what platform you are going ? :)
ross Team
ross Jan 17 '16
Guys,  we have introduced a new system of the plugin/theme license check in order to secure 3rd party devs. Most customer buy one plugin or theme and use it on several domains. From now on, they won't be able to do that. 

Every time you update 3rd party plugin or theme you will be asked to enter valid license key specifically for that domain. If you used the plugin on another domain and now you want to use on another one, you will have to reset your ip in the store. 

So that means you want to have 2 instances of the plugins on 2 domains, you will need to buy 2 copies of that plugin or theme. 

Also when you install new plugin/theme and you want to activate it you will also need to enter a valid license key. 

This has been done for the devs' sake, this way we struggle with the fraud plugins/themes which oxwall community is flooded with right now. Thank you for your understanding. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 17 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 17 '16
Ga, have you done the manual update by downloading new update pack?
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 17 '16
So now we can't have a test site with all the same plug ins, and have to risk our live site falling to pieces every time we update.. (which has happened on an epic scale this and other releases) 

Thanks for supporting the community trying to support you.. (sarcasm) 
ross Team
ross Jan 17 '16
No, you certainly can. You do the testing on your test site with the valid plugn, then you move it to your production live stie and reset your IP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »