We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Origin Oxwall Theme not showing header after update | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 26 '16
Hi Guys,

managed to update my Oxwall to 1.8.1 but the Origin Oxwall Theme is not shwoing my header eve though i have uploaded and saved it but when i reset it shows the default header of the theme.

I tried with other oxwall standard themes they show the heaer that i upload but origin isn't any ideas ?

My site is http://www.myvirgo.info

Thanks
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 26 '16
Looking at the page. For some reason you don't show the .ow_header_pic <div> under the header <div> in your active theme.
This may be missing in the theme's general.html file.  My Origin theme is working fine. There may have been some corruption in the update of the theme. You could try downloading the theme. Then upload it to your server, and overwrite the existing file to see if that fixes it. You would need to enable Dev mode afterward, and refresh your site. then set dev mode back to false.
Otherwise. Ross may be able to help since it would require someone to have access to your cpanel.
ross Team
ross Jan 26 '16
Darryl +1 

Webster compare your master_pages/general.html file with the default origin master page and base.css file, they are different

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '16
Hi All,

I tried all even delete the origin theme and re-uploaded with no luck still doesn't show the header......Ross i can give you my cpanel for assistance please ?

This is what i have under : /ow_themes/origin/master_pages/general.html

<div class="ow_site_panel">
            {component class='BASE_CMP_Console'}
            <div class="ow_logo_wrap"><a href="{$siteUrl}">{$siteName}</a></div>
        </div>
        <div class="ow_header">
        {*print_var var=$imageControlValues*}
            {if isset($imageControlValues.headerImage.src)}

{else}
                <div class="ow_header_pic"></div>
            {/if}
            <div class="ow_menu_wrap">{$main_menu}</div>

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Enable dev mode and refresh the website. see if that fixes the issue. 
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
also what about the base.css default and yours, did you compare it? do you have styles for header pic there?
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

Enabling dev mode and refreshing the website didn't fix the issue. Base.Css doesn't show anything with .ow_header_pic
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Just compare the base.css files make changes accordingly, enable dev and again and the header should appear. 
Webster Molaudi
Hi Give up....Im using another thing :(
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Did you compare the base.css files specifically regarding .ow_header_pic styles? 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 27 '16
Simas
Simas Feb 10 '16
Hello, For me also not working. In old base.css there wasent nothing with header, so i downloaded origin template added base.css from original but still nothing changes.
www.bendoreliai.net
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '16
you need to make sure that master page also match the default ones

if not upload master pages folder too then enable dev mode and refresh your website

Simas
Simas Feb 10 '16
I am new with oxwall, how hould i enable dev mode ?
What master pages should i check ?
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '16
if you open theme archive, you'll see a folder master_pages

it contains files like general.html

the default general.html should be the same as yours(the one on the server)

you can just replace base.css file and master_pages folder files with the ones on the server and then enable dev mode: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

Simas
Simas Feb 10 '16
Didint work ..
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '16
Share you url, please
ross Team
ross Feb 11 '16
there's still no header pic in the html layout. can you please pm me your ftp access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Simas
Simas Feb 11 '16
Ok 1 min
ross Team
ross Feb 11 '16
can I have your admin details for the website, please?
Pages: 1 2 »