We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Watchdog | Forum

Steve
Steve Feb 1 '16
I have a small problem of watchdog not updating IP's to block...If anyone has had this problem can you please tell me how to correct it.

Thank you in advance.

ross Team
ross Feb 1 '16
I got database of IP updates on 1st of February on my test website. The database of IP is updated by cron, make sure you cron is properly configured and is running. 
Steve
Steve Feb 2 '16
I thought it might have something to do with cron.

That is one thing I have not figured out how to do yet and that is setup cron.

Thank you for your quick reply ross.

The Forum post is edited by Steve Feb 2 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '16
Steve
Steve Feb 2 '16
Thank you again for the quick reply ross I have checked that page out on several occasions.

I will just have to take a couple of day's and re read it until I can make sense of what it is trying to say. 

Steve
Steve Feb 2 '16
Well I tried but nothing I did worked I will continue to research it I am using zpanel a free version of cpanel and it is a little different.
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '16
Steve, do you get any email notifications or mass mailing? Is your cron properly configured? Do you have a notification in the admin panel that you need to configure your cron jobs?
Steve
Steve Feb 3 '16
No I do not get any email notifications or mass mailing. I also don't get any notifications in the admin panel telling me to configure cron.

I also got that cron test plugin from the oxwall store and all it does is act like it hangs up.

The Forum post is edited by Steve Feb 3 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '16
If none of the commands work from the cron configuration tutorial I sent you, please contact your hosting provider to assist you with cron configuration. 
Steve
Steve Feb 3 '16
I am hosting the website myself...I am running a poweredge 2950 with 8 gigs of mem and 300 gig hard drive at the moment with windows server 2003 and instead of cpanel I am using zpanel. For now what I have done is I went to task manager and made it a task on the machine. 
ross Team
ross Feb 4 '16
Steve do you have SSH access to your server?
Steve
Steve Feb 4 '16
No I tried to set it up but could never login in to it

ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
well, with ssh it would be much easier to check whether the cron is properly configured and find out the direct local path to the cron 
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 5 '16
Steve
Steve Feb 5 '16
@ross just to let you know I did get bitvise ssh server and client to work but I took another look at the link you sent me above and at the bottom of the page was another link that sent me to a page saying you can get cron to work by using a batch file and using Schedule Task Manager so I tried it and now cron is work fine. 
The Forum post is edited by Steve Feb 5 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 7 '16
Ok, do you get email notifications now and update of IP database for watchdog?
Steve
Steve Feb 7 '16
Yes and the mass mailer works too. The Cron test works and say's it is running also.

The Forum post is edited by Steve Feb 7 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 7 '16
Ok, great, thanks for letting us know.