We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

switching themes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Unus
Unus Feb 24 '16
hi

I have a custom theme now installed and I have tuned it with custom css and new images uploaded instead of original ones that came with the custom theme. 

Now, I would like to try another theme, load it up, activate it.

What am I losing from the custom theme settings and customization I have now?

The settings are persisted in DB therefor I assume they stay.

How about the css changes I did (not in the code directly but via the customize theme admin panel)?

thank you

Unus

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Feb 25 '16
Whatever codes you apply for that theme w/In the Custom Css input at admin will automatically save...
Unus
Unus Feb 25 '16

hi Kяuncн, sorry but I do not understand your answer.  

do you mean whatever I have written in the custom css, it will automatically be overwritten/lost? or it will be saved and when I reload the theme I have now it will be exactly like I customized it now?

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Feb 25 '16
No not lost, saved for that particular theme. If you were to choose another theme then switch back those codes would be saved,, no loss.. Yes, exactly as you customized it.
Unus
Unus Feb 25 '16
alrighty, thank you
Mary Robinson
Mary Robinson Nov 20 '22
Hi! That is of great significance in case you want to literature review writing other prove that your point of view deserves proper attention. Another important aspect to take into account is to express creative ideas.