We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Maximum upload avatar in kbytes ... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vladmir
Vladmir Oct 19 '12
Sorry my English by google.
How to limit maximum of 100k to upload avatar and also for image gallery?
thank you!
Vlad

Gostaria de setar o upload do avatar e tambémj galeria de imagens para 100k. Onde posso alterar ?

Agradeço!

t+
Vlad
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Change the value present in the below link.

http://yoursite.com/admin/settings/user-input
Purusothaman Ramanujam
But it should be in MB and not in KBs
Vladmir
Vladmir Oct 20 '12
I appreciate your feedback Ramanujam.
I was lost in this way, because I do not have this folder "admin", but thought a bit more and went straight in and changed the admin plugin.
Thank you!
t +
Vlad
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Glad that it worked for you :)
Vladmir
Vladmir Oct 23 '12
community

How to set the default maximum size for your avatar?
  Photo gallery, ok, and the avatar ... ?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 24 '12
Vladimir if I understood you right, then this can be done here www.yousite.com/admin/settings/user. I have attached screen shot for your reference.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Aliia,

As far as I understand Mr.Valdmir wanted to limit the file size of avatar images and not the avatar image size.
Piers J
Piers J Oct 24 '12
What about inserting or uploading pictures in JPEG  format and others.  where is the list of extensions which the admin can adjust .  please advice soon

ref site  http:www.chutpatti.info
Vladmir
Vladmir Oct 24 '12
Aliia, thank you!
Ramanujam spoke correct, I would put limit in kilobytes, megabytes, like in the photo gallery, put .0.5 megabytes

thank you very much
Alia Team
Alia Oct 24 '12
Piers, ow_utilities/file.php  file. In this file you can either add or delete extensions for photos.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 24 '12
Vladimir, sorry that I misunderstood you.

Currently there isn't any settings which would have allowed you to set avatar size limit in MB in admin panel.  This requires custom code modification. Here is the file  that needs to be modified: ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/avatar.php
Vladmir
Vladmir Oct 25 '12
Thank Aliia!
I could not create this routine to specify the value in MB, I do not know PHP for such ... but anyway thank you for feedback and maybe future skulls create this routine, it would be a help to us all.

t +
vlad
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Welcome )
Karalius Kraujas
Karalius Kraujas May 26 '14

Quote from Aliia Vladimir, sorry that I misunderstood you.

Currently there isn't any settings which would have allowed you to set avatar size limit in MB in admin panel.  This requires custom code modification. Here is the file  that needs to be modified: ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/avatar.php

but where exactly to edit? i've browsed the file, but couldn't find

Thanks
Karalius Kraujas
Karalius Kraujas Jun 29 '14
[must to reapeat my reply]