We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 20 '12
Hello,

I just wanted to know how I can create a new page.

I will have html content, css content and some image files.

I know that I can paste the html in the create new page option in the admin menu but I would like to know how can I insert the CSS in the edit CSS menu. I mean under what code should I insert the CSS?

Will I have to just insert my CSS into the edit CSS menu or should I have to modify anything to insert my very own CSS?

Thank you.

Alia Team
Alia Nov 21 '12
Nirmalya, easiest way is to add styles in the html you are inserting when creating a new page in admin panel. Meaning adding styles within that html, and not as a separate block like in "Edit CSS" .

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 21 '12
I uploaded the css in the css folder created in www.mywebsite.com/css and pasted the html in the add new page in the add new page option in the admin menu. But it didn't work correctly. If you want, I can send you the files along with the link. Should I PM you?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Hello,

I have created a new page and set the visibility for guests only.

But even guests cannot see the page.

What may have caused this?

When I set the mode like "Guests can see the website" in admin panel, the page shows but it doesn't show only for the guests.

Thank you.

Attachments:
  guestprb.png (20.54Kb)
Nirmalya Ghosh
Help Please!
Alia Team
Alia Nov 23 '12
Can you PM me admin panel username and pass?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 23 '12
Please see your PM.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 26 '12
Nirmalya, thank you for sending admin panel access details. I have checked on your site and the system behaves correctly.

1. If "Welcome" page is visible only to guest users,  but in global privacy settings  guests CAN NOT view the site, then the link to "Welcome" page becomes visible ONLY to guest users in the top/footer menu. But the page itself is not visible ( opens up log in form) since permissions set under "Global Privacy" overwrite ALL other permissions, including those set when editing the menu items under "Pages&Menus" page.

2. If "Welcome" page is visible to guest users, AND site is set to be visible for guest users under "Global Privacy" settings, then ONLY guests users see the link to "Welcome" page and the page itself.

>>When I set the mode like "Guests can see the website" in admin panel, the page shows but it doesn't show only for the guests.

I was not able to reproduce the issue. If global privacy settings allow guests to view the site and the "Welcome" page itself is visible to guests only, then ONLY guest users saw the link and the page.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 26 '12
If this is the fact, then I would really like to know the possible way so that guests should first visit "www.mywebsitename.come/welcome" and then when they click on "login" or "sign up", they get referred to "www.mywebsitename.com"

This can only be done if I can set the permission for that definite page that guests can also see that page and I know that this can be done by custom code modification but if you can help me, please help.

Thank you.