We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Do NOT buy the "Paid Membership" plugin!! Unless you are willing to pay . It is Not - Paid Membership | Forum

Ebony Wood
Ebony Wood Nov 27 '12
The developer of this plugin SCALFA LLC did NOT mention that their plugin "Paid Membership" requires another $20 plugin called "Paypal Billing" before you can process and receive payments. So if you buy "This plugin" it is simply useless!!. You cannot receive payment.

So for the likes of me, Why is the developer charging $20 for a plugin that does not do what it claims to do? If you buy this plugin you will have wasted your money because this plugin just does nothing!!! and I mean Nothing unless you buy the "paypal billing" plugin for another $20. So in essence this plugin cost $40.

This is a dishonest practice from SCALFA LCC. In their DEMO Picture of this plugin (See Attached Picture below) it clearly shows that the plugin is ready to process payment using paypal. Guess what? it is not. The picture misrepresents this plugin. Instead if you buy and install this plugin, where the paypal payment logo appears, a message appears requiring you to install a payment gateway. The message does not tell you what to do to find a payment gateway. You have to find out on your own.

Then after much search on the OXWALL forum for a payment gateway, you will find that it is the same developer SCALFA LLC offering you a payment gateway plugin for $20.  So if you you are NOT ready to pay $40 for this plugin then do not buy this plugin.

To me it is a Dishonest attempt to Gauge more money from Clients. It is like Like selling some one a Guard Dog that does not have teeth and can only bite if you buy the dog some teeth for another $20. A guard Dog is expected to come ready with teeth to bite. Otherwise it is not a Guard Dog.

I bought this plugin and got excited about it. I imagined all the possibilities it could do on my website. But now the plugin on my website is like a toothless Guard Dog laying down in my living room, that I bought for $20. It does not bite unless I buy some teeth for it for another $20.

It is so disappointing and makes me feel angry that I have to Pay another $20 to make this :"paid membership" plugin work" I feel Scammed.

Read Initial beginning for this posting  here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6787?page=1#post-32883

The developer should refund the money for false misrepresentation.
The Forum post is edited by Ebony Wood Nov 27 '12
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 28 '12
Ebony, thank you for brining this up into our attention. 

Your feedback is reasonable, since installed payment gateway requirement, indeed, was not specified in the description of the plugin and was instead listed under “Read Me” section of the plugin's forum (http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3039. ; We will surely add this important requirement to the plugin description to avoid further confusion. 

We understand how disappointed you are because of false expectations from Paid Membership plugin. Take our apologies for caused inconveniences. If you still would like to get refund PM me transaction id  and your paypal email.
Connect
Connect Nov 28 '12
Skalfa LLC??

I'm facing the same problem, I bought this User Credit thinking that able to sell credit pack but after install trying purchase on checkout with error NO PAYMENT GATEWAY? When asked, got replied you need to buy separate payment gateway??? From picture show the checkout with PAYPAL.... after checking the same developer selling PAYPAL Plugin????
Please sell with customer satisfaction don't let us feel got CHEATED... I like your plugin, hoping you can include this paypal plugins for me instead of refund, to make this User Credits works with Paypal show in your sample pics.
Attachments:
  user credit.JPG (18.47Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 30 '12
Connect, we have changed plugin description. We apologize once again for caused inconveniences. Unfortunately we can not include build in payment gateway ( in this case PayPal) to Paid Membership plugin right now. But we will take this suggestion into our consideration for future plugins.
Dantes
Dantes Dec 10 '12
you dont need to add another plugin if you make the manual option to set the membership
please DO THAT!!!! i really need it
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 11 '12
Dantes, thank you for the suggestion. We will keep it in mind for future updates.
You do not have permission to reply this topic