We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can We edit the invitation? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Adhi
Adhi Dec 6 '12
 Can We edit the invitation which is being sent when new member get invited?

Can we use some email template or least edit the email invitations that are being sent when we use the invite new members Button on the Admin panel?

Thanks for your help

Alia Team
Alia Dec 7 '12
Adhi, to change the content of the invitation emails go to admin panel>>settings>>languages>> search by "invite" keyword . Find needed phrase, and edit the content.
Adhi
Adhi Dec 7 '12
Hi Aliia, 
Yes, Found it. Thanks a million:)
Alia Team
Alia Dec 10 '12
Welcome )
Evelyne
Evelyne Dec 27 '12
Only Admins can invite new members or regular members/users can too? Where? (I couldn't find the link anywhere, sorry!)
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Dec 27 '12
Members can invite by using contact importer plugin
Evelyne
Evelyne Dec 27 '12
Quote from suresh kumar Members can invite by using contact importer plugin

Is that the only way? To be honest, I don't like to import contacts... those widgets tend to import ALL contacts and send out automatic messages. I HATE it when I get automatic invitations to Linkedin and other social sites from my contacts... 

Therefore, I don't want to impose this 'feature' on the users of my community either! :)

Isn't it possible to create another way to invite? Like a link somewhere that would send an email message to a specific email address, filled out by the member? 

That would be really great!

Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Evelyne, it is possible either by integrating already existing "invite a friend" plugin or by creating your own plugin from a skretch.

Would be great if you post this suggestion at UserVoice, since that is where ideas for the new Oxwall updates are chosen from.
Evelyne
Evelyne Jan 4 '13
Thanks again Aliia.

I have just purchased the existing plugin. It's very affordable and faster than developing my own... :)

Alia Team
Alia Jan 7 '13
Glad to hear that. Hope that all goes well.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 16 '17
I use Asian double byte language (chinese) and the invitation email show the Chinese text string in incorrect encoding. How can I fix this? Thanks