We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy & Permission- Role Management Problem-No Effect (STATUS SOLVED) | Forum

cit27
cit27 Jan 15 '13
Privacy & Permissions no effect ..
I created a User Role ->: ex: underFlagged (can not add a blogpost, add video, etc)
when I change the Role of free user to the Role: Underflagged
but the Underflagged users are still able to add blogpost, add video. (This means that the Privacy & Permissions function does not work...

I've reported this on the topic before when I was using version 1.4
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 21 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 15 '13
It seems all theadditional user roles created will have the same permissions page of thedefault user role (user FREE)

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you try to reorder the roles, if you are in 1.5?
cit27
cit27 Jan 16 '13
I tried deleting old underflugged and creating newunderflugged User Role Permission:
STILL NOT WORKING
cit27
cit27 Jan 16 '13
I sent u my admin password
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The first role at the top of the list becomes default role. So all you have to do is re-order the role list.

I tried and it worked for me.

http://www.site.com/admin/users/roles

Here in the role list, re-order the roles by drag-drop.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam  re-order the roles by drag-drop.
Tried this?

Removied the permission for the role in role settings?
cit27
cit27 Jan 16 '13
I deleted all of them, except the default user (NAME: FREE: consists of 567 users) and create new role as undeflagged but still not work

it seems that all theadditional user roles created will have the same permissions page of thedefault user role (user FREE)
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 16 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 16 '13
my site rules:
When someone registers on the site then automatically be able to post blogs, add photos, add topic forums, etc. ..(This is the default user roles of my site)->FREE

ways of working
if I find a baduser, then I as Admin can change his/her user roles from the default roles (freelabel) to ex: underflagged roles (undeflagged label: cant add blogpost, etc)

But....unfortunately the result always will have the same permissions page of the default role (freelabel)
cit27
cit27 Jan 17 '13
I tried to make 3 user roles:
  • FREE Member as default roles: having all permissions but can not creating a group and can not adding a link. (Working Well)
  • Premium Members: have all permisions (Working Well)
  • Flagged User: only can view the pages and Read Messages (Not Working?). The roles always same as default roles.

For Example:
Aliaa sign up on my site,Then 
automatically she has any roles as a FREE MEMBER (default User Roles) as mentioned above. THIS is WORKING WELL on my site.

as Admin I change ALiaa Roles From FREE to: Premium Member Roles. THIS IS WORKING WELL. Aliaa has all Premium Member permission roles effect. (Aliaa can create group, add link, etc.)

but
if as Admin I Change Aliaa Roles to Plagged User Roles. THIS IS NOT WORKING. Aliaa still be able adding blogpost,  and has all FREE Member Roles Permissions ...

SITE PROBLEM
there are a lot of bad users who do not follow the terms of service. Admin does not want to remove (or suspend) the bad users. 
Admin only want to change the bad user roles as flugged user...as mentioned above (But not working)...

i will give you the admin access to fix this....
GTranslated.
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 17 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 17 '13
I tried to do the same in Wall.Fm and to my surprise it also happens...
apparently, what has been allowed (ticked) in the default user roles then automatically will also apply (allowed) to the new user roles created. Meanings: even though (ex: the adding blogpost is not allowed/ unticked), but the effect is user still can add blogpost couse of in the default user role is allowed)

To make sure i am wrong..
Please test this in your site...
->Create default user roles has all permissions.....(allowing all permission)
->create second user roles
has all permissions but do not allowed to add blogpost, not allowed to create groups, not allowed to add video/phot)..and and try to implement it to one of your members.. Then try to sign in as this member (the second user roles)...

Please see the result!!! Let me know...
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 18 '13
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Jan 18 '13
when you give a user a new role, you must clear the flag from the "old/free" role.

if the user in both roles, are both roles give permissions and the enable flag in any role have higher priority as the role without the permission flag at the same line.

hope my english is understanding
greets
FaceT
cit27
cit27 Jan 18 '13
i will try...
would love if i can give u the admin acces to look in
cit27
cit27 Jan 18 '13
I can not make unticked the default role as shown the image below:(shaded)

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Jan 18 '13
uppps...  yes you are right, i test this and see it too.
its unnecessary to login at you :-)

i must look around, maybe i found a dirty solution or a Team-Crew have the right answer for you.

diving into database
greets
FaceT
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Jan 18 '13
hhmmm, ok... it is a main concept of oxwall.
you can change the default function by DRAG and DROP the Role-Line, but it is the same situation, because the new default give you the same problem.

sorry at this moment i dont know how to fix your problem, oxwall concept must be little change.

greets
FaceT

cit27
cit27 Jan 18 '13
I think this is the oxwall system...need to be changed in the next update...
 Please try to create in your site what i explain in the replay topic of 12:
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7897?page=1#post-38675
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 19 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 19 '13
it's okay, don't worry about the extra check....you will notice that you can decrease the permissions of the free user role without effect to the new user role you created....you will notice that it shows that new admin user role as both.......it is nothing to worry about.....
tracy
tracy Jan 19 '13
i created a test user and gave it the new user role, the one i called admin, and made it a moderator with admin permissions, it has both blocks checked, free and admin, but i can remove all permissions from free and it doesn't effect the test user....the test user still has all permissions from the new user role and admin
cit27
cit27 Jan 19 '13
Tracy if you do not mind, Please try the reply 12 on your Web site
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7897?page=1#post-38675
Pages: 1 2 »