We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to edit darklets them | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Jam
Jam Jan 16 '13
i need to help on how to adjust size of the header page in darklets theme see attached photo to see which part i want to change size
Attachments:
  darklets.png (603.69Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '13
Jam,  it is very difficult to tell what is your desired result from your screen shot. My best guess would be, that you would like to change the height of those blocks. Note that these are places just to start with. Depending on your desired result you might need to change other CSS styles as well.

1. a) replace default image with the image of your own in admin panel> edit theme
    b) admin panel> edit CSS

.ow_header_pic {

background-image: url("images/header_image.png");/** OW_Control type:image,

key:headerImage, section:1. General Settings, label: Page header image **/

background-position: 20px 87px;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

height: 327px;

margin: 0 auto;

width: 1000px;

2. admin panel> edit CSS

.ow_menu_wrap {

background: url("images/menu.jpg") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #33383C;

display: table;

height: 73px;

margin: 0;

width: 815px;

Jam
Jam Jan 17 '13
thanks a lot mam!...
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Same problem here but instead I simply try to change the "header_image.png" from the Modify Theme area.  I created a new image with same size, same resolution and transparent background in PNG.  It places the new image completely on the left part of the page (from:
Page header image).  See attached.
Attachments:
  header_imageTopLeft.png (463.18Kb)
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 18 '13
i can help ill send you a message.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
One solution that worked for me from Jerry here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8001?page=1#post-39004

Cheers.

Jam
Jam Jan 20 '13
thanks Victor it helps a lot--
Jam
Jam Jan 31 '13

Quote from Aliia Jam,  it is very difficult to tell what is your desired result from your screen shot. My best guess would be, that you would like to change the height of those blocks. Note that these are places just to start with. Depending on your desired result you might need to change other CSS styles as well.

1. a) replace default image with the image of your own in admin panel> edit theme
    b) admin panel> edit CSS

.ow_header_pic {

2. admin panel> edit CSS

.ow_menu_wrap {

if i edit the css code in admin panel can i put direct the following?.

.ow_header_pic {

and 

.ow_menu_wrap {

please see attached photo where i mean to put those codes==

Attachments:
  edit css.png (27.75Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 31 '13
Jam you are right, this is the right place to put this CSS into.

Whatever you put there, will overwrite original CSS styles.
Jam
Jam Jan 31 '13
okay thanks a lot Aliia- do you have idea how to make the header static that even if we go down still the header appear- like facebook-
Alia Team
Alia Feb 1 '13
Jam, there is quite a lot of info on this on the Internet:

http://stackoverflow.com/...ating-to-other-pages

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12289

You just will need to search, find the best solution and test it on Oxwall.
Agner Olson
Agner Olson Feb 27 '13
Hello, how i edit the " Welcome our Community web site " message in darklet theme?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 28 '13
If you are referring to the text in top left corner:

go to admin panel>>appearance>>edit theme>>theme settings>> replace "Page header image"
Abraham
Abraham May 18 '13
Aliia: ive done that and im left with my logo/slogan in leftcorner top....

Best regards

Dennis

The Forum post is edited by Abraham May 18 '13
Alia Team
Alia May 20 '13
Abraham, top left corner is indeed designed for your logo/slogan that you have set under admin panel>>settings>>main settings ( i n my case "360" is my sitename and that is what I get in top left corner).

Can you describe what is your issue in more details?

Edmund Verwey
Edmund Verwey May 31 '13
How can I change the complete background to an image.
ross Team
ross Jun 3 '13
Hi Edmund, 

Can you please, specify, which background area you're referring to 1 or 2?

If you want to change the background of the first area, then you will have to change the image itself with one of the image editing software and then upload here: admin panel>>appearance>>edit theme>>theme settings>> replace "Page promo image". 

If you want to change the background color of the second area (site background), you can do that here: admin panel>>appearance>>edit theme>>theme settings>> Page background image. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 3 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '13

I think he means the whole page background which would prob mean leaving those two items in admin theme settings blank or:

using images that have transparent backgrounds in those admin settings or:

you might be able to do a vision trick and put half the image in one theme setting and the lower half in the other and make it look like one big image or:

use Firefox and bring up your site, click on FF tools, webdeveloper, inspector.  You can move the dotted box around to where you want.  This will show you the css that is being used to display that part of the page, you can lock it on a section then just click on it again to unlock it.  Then you will have to mod that css and do one of several things:

A: comment out the original css items then put your own data in in the css. 

B: use a display:none on those original css items and do your own css.

C:  use an inline css to substitute for the css file, an inline css supercedes the css file.

Good luck...   Before you do anything, you might consider it may be better to use a theme with less eye candy and put eyecandy in there with css, than to take a fancy theme and rip it apart... But that is how you learn so go for it lol..

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 3 '13
Daren
Daren Jun 19 '13
Does any of you successfully use the settings in here ? Like really.

Daren
Daren Jun 19 '13
Here's what worked for me : -

1. EDIT THEME -> Theme Settings ->  Page promo image (Choose File to change)

2.  Graphics -> URL  - and check filename, in my case - xxx.xxx/ow_userfiles/themes/theme_image_1.jpg <- my automated filename

3. GO to ow_userfiles/themes/ folder in my hosting and upload my graphic name change with SAME automated filename (theme_image_1.jpg)

Work like a charm ! LOL

Since I am very lazy ... would anyone gimme the Complete CSS background image code to adjust the height ? Please ? So I can adjust it at the EDIT CSS section.

Tq

Pages: 1 2 3 »