We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

update to 1.5.1: Site content showing up but no longer active | Forum

Koos
Koos Jan 19 '13
Hi all,

I got quite far with the update to 1.5.1, platform update, all plugins updated, activated, but:
- the top menu (mailbox, notifications, sign in) does not look good on my normal site, in the admin it looks good
- once I signed in, many fields are not active, for example, I can't post an update in the newsfeed, I can type in the box, but nothing happens, as there is no submit button, and enter only makes a new line
- In the admin area I can see the top menu (dashboard, users) and the menu under that works (edit theme, choose theme) but for example, I can't change a theme
In general, everything seems to be there, but the functions are not active.
Have a look at www.lauwerszee.nl

Could this have to do with a faulty theme? I downloaded an updated the elegant theme, and tried putting dev mode on and off. But nothing worked so far. On another site I have it all went smooth...

Cheers,

Koos
Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '13
Koos, as far as I can see this particular theme was not updated to work with 1.5 version of Oxwall.
Can  you try switching to, for example, "Origin" theme and see whether this solves the issue.

Koos
Koos Jan 21 '13
Hi Alia,

Thanks, I have thinking in the same direction. But:
- my admin panel is not working, I can see different themes, but not switch theme.
- I searched for ways to switch theme without using the admin panel, but could not find it
The website admin is now putting back a backup of the site, so I could try again, but then switch to the origin theme before I do the site update?
There's not too much worry as I was about to change theme for the site anyway.

Cheers,

Koos
Koos
Koos Jan 21 '13
So, to be concise: I can't change theme anymore

I searched for the updated themes as well, but the list only gives paid themes (no problem to pay for a theme, as long as I have some confidence it will work sometime).
Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
Koos,  if you can't change theme via admin panel, you can do this in your database.

Download needed theme ( all themes created by "Oxwall Software" user are updated, choose one of them). Then go to the place where your database is located on your server>> find "ow_base_config" table>>find "theme" row>>change the value manually. Make sure to use correct theme name.

To test whether your issue is caused by the theme, try uploading and changing your theme to one of those: origin, spring, basic, darklets, graphite.

Let me know the results.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
I also recommend deactivating all of your plugins. And then activating them one by one. The issue might have been caused by one of the plugins.
Koos
Koos Jan 23 '13
Hi Aliia,

Thank you. We now managed to put to site back to where we were (1.3.1).

I did re-activate the plugins one by one, and found nothing strange after. Maybe I should do some testing after re-activating each plugin? 

Would it be a good idea to change the theme to one of the themes you mention before trying the update again?

Cheers,

Koos

Koos
Koos Feb 2 '13
Hi Aliia,

Thanks, after collecting some courage for the third try it worked now. backups, deactivate plugins, select theme graphite, update platform, then one by one reactivate plugins, test, update plugin, test. With two plugins I got a 500 error, but since I had the admin panel open in another window I could update the plugin, after which the 500 went away (this happened with Blogs and Links)
Two issues remain: Chat plugin makes the top menu go berzerk (the foldout menu for admin doesn't work anymore), so I disabled chat. No big issue since our users don't understand chat anyway.
This is one quite serious: the photo's don't open of you click on them, I uploaded a few to test, and they get there in the overview screen, but a left click gives nothing, nothing happens. A right click on a photo and choosing "open in new tab" opens a page with the title I gave it, but the (new) photo I uploaded doesn't show up. Old photos do show up, but the same, a left click: nothing happens. Right click, open in new tab, gives the photo.
I'll be trying to sort this out now, will look in the forum...

Cheers,

Koos
Koos
Koos Feb 2 '13
Ok, done searching and found no solutions to my photo problem. I learned the new photo style is the "floatbox" which seems to cause the problem: my photos are not opening when you click on them.
What I did:
- change theme to see if the problem is theme related
- checked 777 rights on proper folders
- checked a different site that uses 1.5.1. to see if it is a problem with my browser or local pc, nope there the floatbox worked fine
- deactivate and reactivate the photo plugin
- check settings for photos

Ideas anyone? Check www.lauwerszee.nl then click photos
Koos
Koos Feb 3 '13
Ok, I've lost it.
Things were starting to look pretty, good, and I was solving some issues. From admin panel, the pages were not moving via drag and drop, so I made a test page to see what happens.
Error 500. Activated debug mode. This is the error I get:
Message: Invalid route params provided! File: /home/lauwerszee/www/ow_core/route.php Line: 122 Trace: #0 /home/lauwerszee/www/ow_core/application.php(170): OW_Route->__construct('page_85356166', '', 'BASE_CTRL_Stati...', 'index', Array) #1 /home/lauwerszee/www/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #2 {main} Type: InvalidArgumentException
I've checked the file "route.php" but can't find something wrong there.
Pff. Very fed up now. Another day of work gone, and still no update. Hope someone has some ideas.

Cheers,

Koos
Koos
Koos Feb 9 '13
Any answers or ideas?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 14 '13
Koos, can't tell anything only by looking at the error.
I will need  access to your database to check this issue.
You can email me at support@oxwall.org
Koos
Koos Feb 22 '13
Hi Aliia,

I've mailed you, but didn't get a response, maybe my mail got into your spam box?

Cheers,

Koos
Alia Team
Alia Feb 26 '13
Found the email. Replied.
Koos
Koos Mar 1 '13
Yes thanks Aliia.