We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove 'delete profile' button and sort Users alphabetical | Forum

Martijn
Martijn Jan 21 '13
Hi all,

I've been fidgeting for a while now with two issues that I can't seem to get right:

- How do I remove the 'delete profile' button on Profile Edit? I tried removing it from ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/edit_index.html but with no effect

- Now the default view for browsing users is in order of registration (ID) but I want to have the list alphabetical. I guess having it in alphabetical order based on a particular question field is hard, but using username instead of id is also fine with me. As long as there is logic in the list

Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Mohammad
Mohammad Jan 22 '13
for remove "delete profile button" just put this code in admin area---->appearance---->edit theme--->CSS--->edit CSS 

.unregister_profile_button.ow_ic_delete.ow_red {visibility: hidden;}

Martijn
Martijn Jan 23 '13
Thanks for the help Mohammad. It indeed removes the link but still leaves the button-span, but at least users can't accidentaly delete their profiles!

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the user sorting thing right!

Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 24 '13
 /ow_system_plugins/base/view/controllers/edit_index.html - in this file you can disable the button by deleting its code.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Oct 28 '13
.unregister_profile_button.ow_ic_delete.ow_red {display:none;} will hide the button and won't allow members to delete their profiles.
dave Leader
dave Oct 28 '13

If you remove the button or hide it, it removes it from everyone including you.  Do you want to see the button as admin?

Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 1 '13
Dave, there is no Delete button for the admin (site creator) profile. Admin cannot remove themselves :)
dave Leader
dave Nov 1 '13
Yes Daisy understood, I guess I was not clear, what I was saying is that if they remove the button for everyone, then not even admin can delete anyone from the profile view of a user because the button will not exist regardless of usertype. They would have to go to admin panel to delete a user if logged in as admin.
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 2 '13
Dave, Martijn was talking about the Edit profile page. :)