We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to change the words displayed in newsfeed when adding just one photo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jacq
Jacq Jan 23 '13
I want to change/add words that are displayed in the newsfeed when one photo is added.  Now the language displays as username and title of the photo only.  I want it to say something like

username has just listed title

I can't find any where in admin/language/photo  to do this?
Jacq
Jacq Jan 25 '13
The photo plugin is excellent. It has been forever and is a staple on any site.   However,  I have just noticed this minor problem and I don't know if it has changed?

I'm referring to the title of the photo.
Tester
Tester Jan 27 '13
Strange. I don't see Photo Titles on my page. I see only the pic and the Byline below it.

http://findonliners.com/community/photo

Tester
Tester Jan 27 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 27 '13
go to your language setting....add the text what u want
Jacq
Jacq Jan 27 '13
Yes there is no sentence included.  Hence I can't search for it in language. 
Tester
Tester Jan 27 '13
cit27I don't see Photo Titles on my page. I see only the pic and the Byline below it. Does your site show the title?
cit27
cit27 Jan 27 '13
the first text of description will be the SEO meta tag title so that ask your users to add the description of their uploaded photo. On my site, no description will be deleted (if u set the photo page as public).
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 27 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 27 '13

Jacq, Only availabe below:
-> uploaded {$number} new photos to <a href="{$albumUrl}">{$albumName}</a> album

{text key='photo+feed_multiple_descriptions'}
->
<a href="{$userUrl}">{$user}</a> added {$count} photos to <a href="{$albumUrl}">{$albumName}</a> album
->  <a href="{$userUrl}">{$user}</a> uploaded new <a href="{$url}">photo</a>.

Jacq
Jacq Jan 27 '13
Yes I know.  Does anyone know a way of fixing it so a similar sentence can be written for just once photo upload.
cit27
cit27 Jan 27 '13
Try this <a href="{$userUrl}">{$user}</a> uploaded new <a href="{$url}">photo</a> {$title}
Jacq
Jacq Jan 27 '13
where?
cit27
cit27 Jan 27 '13
search the original text <a href="{$userUrl}">{$user}</a> uploaded new <a href="{$url}">photo</a>
Jacq
Jacq Jan 27 '13
Thank you cit27 for your persistent efforts but my problem is exactly as Tester

The photo is uploaded showing users name only plus the description.  At the very least it should be user + title. 

Where do I change this? I believe the text you provided is for another activity.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 28 '13
>>I want to change/add words that are displayed in the newsfeed when one photo is added.

This is custom code modification. You will need to edit ow_plugins/photo/controllers/upload.php  file.
Jacq
Jacq Jan 28 '13
Dear Aliia are these server file modifications?

Alia Team
Alia Jan 28 '13
Jacq, not sure what you mean by "server" file modifications.

I would say that this is modificaiton of the original  Oxwall source code. This file is located on your server and the path is ow_plugins/photo/controllers.

Oxwall doesn't recommend modifying the code, since all changes you do within the code will be erased if you update the software. It is better to do this kind of changes via plugins.

You can suggest this small improvement to UserVoice as well, and we might add it into one of the upcoming builds.

Jacq
Jacq Jan 28 '13
So the source code is located in the cpanel?  I don't understand coding but I feel this is more of a bug than a suggestion of improvement.  The photo plugin needs fixing as I am sure that the developer did not intend for single photos to be uploaded in this way.  I will not be messing with the code!  Thanks for your help Allia
Alia Team
Alia Jan 29 '13
Jacq, yes, the source code is located in cpanel.

>>The photo plugin needs fixing as I am sure that the developer did not intend for single photos to be uploaded in this way.

I have rechecked with developers.
We will fix this in one of the upcoming builds.

Jacq
Jacq Jan 29 '13
Appreciated :)