We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Missing Links on email notification (SOLVED) | Forum

cit27
cit27 Feb 3 '13
New <a href="{$conversationUrl}" >message</a> from <a href="{$userUrl}">{$userName}</a>
New Message From UserName
The line here is the content of the message

The Missing Links are:
#New Message Text Point to URL-> http://mailbox/conversation/1.. Should be sitename.com/mailbox/conversation/1
#Username text point to URL ->http://user/UserName -> Should be sitename.com/user/UserName
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 8 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Some language strings are missing. Please try to manually add those missing language strings.
cit27
cit27 Feb 3 '13
I know..but do not know...what is the correct string....<a href="{$conversationUrl}" > and <a href="{$userUrl}">.
The original come from The key: {text key='mailbox+email_notifications_comment'}
cit27
cit27 Feb 3 '13
I can change to <a href="http://mysite.com/mailbox/conversation" > but it will not point to the actual URL Conversation
Konstantinos Karasardelis
I have the same problem. My site is translated and it's main language is not English anymore. Is this the source of this problem? Haw can this be fixed?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 4 '13
cit27, Konstantinos Karasardelis  can you provide me with admin panel and FTP access details so that I can check this issue?
cit27
cit27 Feb 4 '13
This is the missing link from other website:

Dear Cit27,

Here's the latest activity on Code Whacker related to you:

Jan 9

• New message from bobj You can contact them on Co...
  •   bobj commented on your post: Sothink can be down loaded here
  •   bobj commented on your post:  Its free.
  •   bobj commented on your post:  The explanation how to use it on your wall.fm site is here.
  •   bobj commented on your post:  we use the blue theme here on Code Whacker

Talk soon,
Code Whacker, administration

Change preferences and frequency of these notifications | Unsubscribe from all notifications
Alia Team
Alia Feb 4 '13
cit27, I can not reproduce this on my own installation. I need access details to admin panel and FTP to check your email templates.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Looks like it set to text and not html? That would be the reason the links are not going out from my mail server. interesting. Could this be server related?

Nope because there are links that work got to be script related.  
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 7 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You can try to manually import the langs.zip file using the admin language interface.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
There again it could be cit27 mail host?

This is the first time that some has complained about links not being in notification email from my site. I have received notifications on my admin account a few weeks back.

I however can not understand why I need a language pack? I may need to look at the language and find the script and correct it if its wrong.

I do know if I recieve mail on my sites mail server, links disappear but the copy that goes to my gmail account is fine.

As for the email templates I can look at them myself.

I will of course run test over the weekend when I have finished a clients site. let you know if I find a bug.

Just one question to cit27, what mail host and mail software are you using?      
cit27
cit27 Feb 7 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Just one question to cit27, what mail host and mail software are you using?

Sorry...my english..if i am not misunderstanding the meanings..
I use Gmail to receive your site notification...you can check directly at my CodeWhacker profile
Gtranslated

The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 7 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I use Outlook Express to view my pop email, what do you use? 
cit27
cit27 Feb 7 '13
I dont understand how to use pop email....
I use free email from gmail...
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Okay so I will check the problem out and see whats happening to my mail going out.

DeFender
DeFender Feb 8 '13

Quote from cit27 New <a href="{$conversationUrl}" >message</a> from <a href="{$userUrl}">{$userName}</a>
New Message From UserName
The line here is the content of the message

The Missing Links are:
#New Message Text Point to URL-> http://mailbox/conversation/1.. Should be sitename.com/mailbox/conversation/1
#Username text point to URL ->http://user/UserName -> Should be sitename.com/user/UserName

third topic LOL

temporarily we can try to add  the domain like

New <a href="sitename.com/{$conversationUrl}" >message</a> from <a href="sitename.com/{$userUrl}">{$userName}</a>

The Forum post is edited by DeFender Feb 8 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13

Quote from DeFender temporarily we can try to add the domain like
New <a href="sitename.com/{$conversationUrl}" >message</a> from <a href="sitename.com/{$userUrl}">{$userName}</a>

Good...Thank You For the solution..
SOLVED by this
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 8 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I now see what you mean cit27, after my tests I have amended the language so the links now appear. Thanks defender.   
cit27
cit27 Feb 9 '13
Bob..i Hope you olso correct this:
Change preferences and frequency of these notifications | Unsubscribe from all notifications
on your email notification....