We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding custom html tags, js, css files | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Aj
Aj Feb 4 '13
How can I add external css , js files to my custom theme.

Is there any method to do that , or need to add it in the html_document.html manually.

Aj
Aj Feb 4 '13
Also , If I like to have my own custom menu, whether I need to change the core files or can do those changes in theme itself. I am not talking about the css changes. I am more interested in html  tag changes.
Aj
Aj Feb 4 '13
bump...........
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 9 '13
you can.
Andrew M
Andrew M Apr 10 '13
The only info I could find on this is to put it into the html_document.html file manually. There has to be a "correct" way to do this though so that you aren't messing with the OxWall core code. Anybody know what the correct way would be?
Dhileep Kumar
Dhileep Kumar Aug 27 '15
How can I add external css , js files to my custom theme.
Dnyan
Dnyan Nov 25 '15
Post maid in 2013, not answered yet.

If anyone know about it kindly reply

Layth
Layth Dec 12 '15
For adding, you can simply paste your code(css,html,js) in (page settings section in"admin panel") 
The Forum post is edited by Layth Dec 12 '15
Tecca
Tecca Dec 25 '15
/admin/settings/page

Custom head code or Custom tail code. Example:

<script>
/* Your Javascript/jQuery stuff goes in here*/
</script>

Or:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//www.link-to-your.css">
<script src="//www.link-to-your.js"></script>

Usually the custom tail code section is fine to use, putting too much in the head can cause your site to go slower, depending on what you're adding.

Alternatively, edit your theme's html_document.html file and paste between the <head> or before the closing </body> as the head and tail sections.