We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

Michael
Michael Apr 2 '11
i check my FTP Attributes but its on CHMOD 777 but still i find this message and i was not able to update my plugins. Thanks please help me.
Den Team
Den Apr 4 '11
Hi Michael.
This error means that script can't overwrite software's files and folder with user you provided. Usually, it means that you try to use another FTP user from wich you used when uploading software. Check the owner of software files.
Michael
Michael Apr 4 '11
Thanks for the reply, i used my admin account on the oxwall and i fill up my host ftp, ftp account and ftp password that i used in uploading this script thats why i'm so much amaze when i got this error…
Den Team
Den Apr 5 '11
Hi
Would you PM me your FTP details and admin login please?
Travis
Travis Apr 22 '11
I am getting this exact same error and could not find a answer to it. I log in with my same ftp that I used to do the Platform version: 1.1.0 (3480) and now it says Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.
Raphael Suárez
Raphael Suárez Jun 14 '11
I'm also having this problem. I'm using exactly the same user I used to upload files. I tested changing the ownership of the directory where you installed the oxwall user ftp, but it did not work even changing recursively. raphael chown-R www-data / var / www / install directory

I would upgrade the plugins, could help us? Thank you for your attention!
Raphael Suárez
Raphael Suárez Jun 14 '11
Sorry, the correct command is:
chown -R raphael:www-data /var/www/install_directory

As you saw, I'm using the google translator. Sorry
Den Team
Den Jun 15 '11
Raphael
What version of oxwal does you use now?
Raphael Suárez
Raphael Suárez Jun 16 '11
Platform version: 1.1.1 (3485)

The FTP log shows the following:

Jun 14 12:28:55 websrv01 proftpd[19283] site.com.br (localhost[127.0.0.1]): FTP session closed.
Jun 14 12:29:30 websrv01 proftpd[19288] site.com.br (localhost[127.0.0.1]): FTP session opened.
Jun 14 12:29:30 websrv01 proftpd[19288] site.com.br (localhost[127.0.0.1]): USER raphael: Login successful.
Jun 14 12:29:30 websrv01 proftpd[19288] site.com.br (localhost[127.0.0.1]): FTP session closed.
Raphael Suárez
Raphael Suárez Jun 16 '11
I activated DEV_MODE and DEBUG_MODE, but no error message is shown more complete.
The Forum post is edited by Raphael Suárez Jun 16 '11
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 8 '11
i am also suffering with the same problem.pls advise also advise that is it suporting SFTP?
Den Team
Den Nov 8 '11
You need to be sure that you have entered correct FTP details. Oxwall supports SFTP, just note that typically you need to set another port for SFTP (usually 21).
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 9 '11
yeh i m using 22 for SFTP, but Same massage are showing. Pls advise indetails. I m trying to upload a plugin in my host
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '11
What version do you of oxwall do you have installed?
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 9 '11
It is 1.2.6
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '11
Are you able to login with these details to your site via SFTP client?
What is your site URL and what  host do point for SFTP?
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 9 '11
yeh, i m doing another work with cpanel
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 9 '11
i sent u PM
Haradhan
Haradhan Nov 10 '11

Quote from Haradhan i sent u PM

hi i pls advise
Den Team
Den Nov 10 '11